Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What happens if you're ill when you go into labour?

(7 Posts)
craftycottontail Tue 14-May-13 23:42:10

Silly question really.... just worrying myself as have nothing better to do!!

What happens if you've got flu or something when you go into labour? I'm not talking about cough / cold etc, more like something that zaps your energy and diminishes your lung capacity? Does adrenalin kick in to get you through labour?

TobyLerone Wed 15-May-13 06:31:06

Your body usually holds off until you're stronger. So it's unlikely that you would go into labour if you were really ill.

madamecake Wed 15-May-13 06:44:51

I was wondering this too. I've had one bug after another and now have some flu type thing. It's not fair! I want to go into labour (am 38+4 and fed up) and it'll never happen if I'm always ill!

beckie90 Wed 15-May-13 09:19:10

I was really ill when went into labour I couldn't even speak on phone to midwife, and I was in labour 5 days, I had no energy at all, baby got stuck and ended up with assisted delivery, my temperature shot up during so they sent my bloods off for testing, it come back I had a bacteria growing in my blood, that can cause all sorts like blood poisning, meningitus etc, so I spent another couple of days in hosp on I.v antibiotics. I'm actually glad I went into labour to get baby out, cause I wouldnt have been aware of the problem and it could have been bad on mine n babys health. It was awful getting through labour at the time, but when I think back I'm just glad.

But as said the body does normally hold off x

craftycottontail Wed 15-May-13 12:39:38

Blimey Beckie that sounds like an experience and a half! flowers

Here's hoping it's right your body usually holds off!

TobyLerone Wed 15-May-13 14:18:30

Holy crap, beckie! That's quite the exception to the rule.

beckie90 Wed 15-May-13 15:47:59

It wasn't the best but it was better then my first. I'm just glad it did happen when it did really smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now