Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this normal or excessive? please dont laugh!

(13 Posts)
Tequilatequila Tue 14-May-13 22:25:04

I feel like im on some kind of hormonal rollercoaster. Im 38 weeks and ok when im on my own but since dp got back from work today every littlr tiny thing he has (or has'nt) done has just pissed me right off. And every little thing is just winding me up more and more. Stupid little things like the way he opened the wardrobe door and the amount of time he spent looking for a pair of jeans. Im suspecting im being a bit unreasonable. Then we went to mils and im finding myself irrationally pussed of at everything she says.

All these tiny little things have wound me up so much and i've just politely smiled while im fuming on the inside. Fast forward to now, were home, took one last tiny hing to tip me over the edge into meltdown and im sitting in the nursery in a big snotty blubbery mess wondering whats wrong with me and why im being so mean (while still fuming.)
Like i say, i feel totally fine when things are going my way im on my own. Am i just being a spoilt brat or does anyone else feel like this?

CrackleMauve Tue 14-May-13 22:33:13

Normal. So normal. I was vile in the last weeks before I gave birth. And for the whole pregnancy really, but it got worse just before I gave birth.

Newtobecomingamum Tue 14-May-13 22:42:21

It is normal and I have been snappy and rude to my partner too in occasions. I always go and say sorry after and give him a big cuddle. They do try bless them and they should hopefully understand its just hormones. Go and give him a cuddle and it will make you feel better too : ) X

elsabel Tue 14-May-13 22:43:33

Well im 37 weeks and have been a complete bitch unreasonable and hormonal on and off throughout the whole pregnancy, particularly these last few weeks though. So i hope its normal!

beth27123 Wed 15-May-13 06:23:09

That's me now. God help OH in 20 weeks...

tasmaniandevilchaser Wed 15-May-13 06:36:24

Normal. I'm 41 wks and pissed off and weepy at everyone and everything.

Longfufu Wed 15-May-13 07:34:36

Normal. I asked DH to pass me my jumper ( I ment my cardi) so DH passed my jumper. I screamed blue murder at him for not knowing I ment my cardi, then burst into tears!

Funny thing is DH actually apologied to me for making me cry- he doesn't cope well with people crying LOL

Babybeann Wed 15-May-13 08:30:56

im the same!! i got mad at dp for chewing his food to many times, the poor man cant do anything right.
100% normal smile

MisselthwaiteManor Wed 15-May-13 09:54:18

Same here. DH is upstairs having a bath atm and I can hear the water. It's making me FURIOUS. Everything he does is too noisy, too messy, I can't wait for him to go to work so I can have some peace.

Pineapple80 Wed 15-May-13 12:04:18

I've been terribly hormonal, teary, snapping at DH, accusing him of not loving me for no valid reason blush, amongst more. I sometimes have a bit of a sook and feel better after that! I feel silly and hope it isn't abnormal. I think it's mainly hormones. I'm fine most of the time...!

StuckOnARollercoaster Wed 15-May-13 12:56:41

I was a hormonal mess in the first trimester, then was so happy when that seemed to pass. Unfortunately the tearful, hormonal wreck has now returned at 36 weeks and I can't seem to go a day without either crying or being stroppy...
Sounds like its pretty normal though!!

babyfev Wed 15-May-13 13:56:50

I think its totally normal, I am in a really good mood one minute and then I can completely flip out over something small the next! Its so frustrating because I know my husband is doing his best, I just seem to be getting pi*sed off at everything.

Im sure once we've had these babies we can get back to being normal, lol xxx

cupcake78 Wed 15-May-13 17:37:33

Normal! So very normal. Everything and everyone really gets to me. I can't stand the in laws everything they do or don't do winds me up. Even the pending fuss once baby is here is driving me nuts. It hasn't even happened yet smile

The only things that don't are cleaning and arranging (even though I resent having to tidy up to do it the ridiculous standard I seem to suddenly require) and peace and quiet but then I get upset because I'm on my own and want company. I'm basically impossible.

It's madness and I know its going to get worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now