Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI warning - vaginal discharge

(8 Posts)
Springforward Tue 14-May-13 22:13:47

Right, Google has failed me so I wondered if MN could help instead.

Am 37 weeks, and have had increased vaginal discharge for past week or so. It's a bit yellow but doesn't smell of anything in particular. I've been swabbed for infection and there's nothing there, and anyway I feel well (no temperature etc.). No other symptoms at all. I can't remember whether or not this happened with DS....

Any ideas? Am thinking either normal and I should go and find something better to think about, or leaking a bit of amniotic fluid?

beckie90 Tue 14-May-13 22:24:08

All sorts of strange things happen towards end, mine with ds2 changed to pale green in last few weeks had countless swabs dome, no infection found, I noticed my mucus plug was also pale green with him so I think it was my body just gearing up. If the swabs are normal then I wouldnt be too concerned xx

Newtobecomingamum Tue 14-May-13 23:26:23

I have exactly the same thing at the same time as you. At the NCT classes I went to they said this was normal so I am not worried. As Beckie said, if the swabs came back fine I really wouldn't worry X

Springforward Tue 14-May-13 23:29:40

Thanks both, much appreciated flowers

looneytune Tue 14-May-13 23:55:37

I'm 35 weeks and had this for quite some weeks now, swabs clear and no funny smell so they aren't worried.

Pineapple80 Wed 15-May-13 03:58:28

Happening to me too and I'm 34 wks. Have to use a liner and change a million times a day!!

Kelly1814 Wed 15-May-13 06:46:18

i've been the same at 19 weeks and although my swabs were clear i have a pretty nasty UTI which is apparently partly causing this.

to begin with i had no symptoms at all of the UTI, so it might be worth getting this checked next time you are at the dos.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Wed 15-May-13 07:40:47

I'm 31 weeks and have had this for weeks, they were worried I had a show as I had a blood streaked bit but no sign of early labour luckily.

As long as you've had it checked out I wouldn't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now