Talk

Advanced search

Mat leave cover

(3 Posts)
Queazy Tue 14-May-13 20:31:11

Hi all,

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and starting to help my boss to recruit my mat leave cover. I recruited an old colleague last year into my team as a fixed term contract, and she has expressed an interest in applying for my role/mat cover. She's a lovely lady, tho perhaps not quite the right skill set, and asked me for my views on what my boss would think. I'm stressed and though I should be happy to have someone I know want to cover for me, to be honest I feel a bit threatened. Is this hormones going wild?! I feel really emotional about the whole thing xx

tequilacream Tue 14-May-13 20:44:42

Don't stress. You need to be able to come back to the same job after maternity. Just be honest with her and say that your boss will want some with the right skill set and experience to cover in your absence (presuming that is the case). x

Queazy Tue 14-May-13 20:51:13

Oh thank you - I just worry that even my boss doesn't understand what I do. I think they'll give her the job. It feels a bit close for comfort x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now