Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

11 weeks pregnant - flutters?

(5 Posts)
Dittle Tue 14-May-13 17:39:11

Hey smile

So I'm eleven and a halfish weeks pregnant (I think I might be slightly further on) with my first and I'm honestly certain that I can feel my wee peanut moving about in there. It's kind of like a tickling, fluttering feeling coming from inside, mainly on the left but sometimes the middleish of my abdomen. Has anyone else felt this? It's definitely not gas, I know what gas feels like :P

PinkApple86 Tue 14-May-13 18:51:06

I was sure I was feeling flutters this early. I'm pretty in tune with my body too so I know it wasn't gas. They slowly got more frequent and at 20 weeks felt my first proper kick and it scared me! But now at 22 weeks he is kicking more and he won't let me read my book lol. Trust your instincts and don't let people tell u its too early! smile

RJM17 Tue 14-May-13 22:43:16

I felt the same around 11 weeks. My midwife said I was imagining it but others on here said they felt early movements. It was almost like butterfly tickles inside my belly. I knew what it was straight away and it was amazing. I also told sonograper the baby washing when I couldn't see the screen and she was shocked that I could feel it x

ladymalfoy Wed 15-May-13 22:26:27

Years ago in my GCSE Human Biology class my teacher talked about this fluttering when we were doing reproduction. She said it was called 'the quickening' . Don't know whether that was an old Biology teachers tale but I thought it sounded charming.

Futterby Thu 16-May-13 20:52:42

I'm feeling the same thing and I'm twelve weeks pregnant smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now