Talk

Advanced search

Metallic taste disappeared - any reassurance gratefully received

(7 Posts)
neolara Sun 21-May-06 14:11:55

Just having a little panic and hoping somebody can reassure me. I'm just over 5 weeks pregnant and had the metallic taste in my mouth for the first time three days ago. It lasted for two days and then disappeared completely. Has this happened to anyone else? I had a missed miscarriage last year and didn't have any signs that anything was wrong until the scan. In retrospect, the only clue was that my symptoms were not as strong as they had been during my daughter's pregnancy. So now I am being super sensitive to any changes and it's completely doing my head in!

cupcakes Sun 21-May-06 14:39:16

I really know how you feel - I had a missed mc in March and am pg again. Like you i also had lessening symptoms so am hugely paranoid about every symptom I currently have (I am about 9 weeks). I did have a metallic taste in my first 2 pregnancies but only for the first week. I feel paranoid about morning sickness as I haven't had much of that but I feel a lot worse this week than I did a couple of weeks ago. Which is good!
I bet you'll find you get more symptoms kicking in over the next weeks but nothing will ever reassure you like a scan.

PrettyCandles Sun 21-May-06 15:09:13

This early I found that the symptoms came and went. As the weeks passed the symptoms became more consistent and stronger.

LadyTophamHatt Sun 21-May-06 15:17:49

Hi neo, my metalic taste has gone too and if I remeber from prev pg's it didn't last long with them either.

GDG Sun 21-May-06 15:28:41

I never had the metallic taste at all.

spinach Sun 21-May-06 16:33:34

yes, i had this at start of this pregnancy... had the taste for a couple of days, it disappeared for a few days then came back.... with horendous sickness, try not to worry. xx

neolara Sun 21-May-06 22:11:09

Thanks everyone for your responses. Panicking a bit less now because started to feel a little bit queasy, although metalic taste still absent. Here's hoping I wake up tomorrow and feel sick as a dog!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: