Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

nesting instinct?- did you get it, how long before labour and in what form?!

(13 Posts)
DaisyFlower123 Mon 13-May-13 08:54:04

With dc1 I sat at 39 weeks pregnant and scrubbed every cupboard in the kitchen, lined all the food up alphabetically and scrubbed the floor with a nail brush! Dh thought it was hilarious and I couldn't see anything unusual about my behaviour! Ds came 5 days later.
Dh says I been the same this weekend, (38 weeks pregnant) getting really agitated if the slightest thing is out of place and I apparently have vacuumed and dusted babies room 8 times! I wasn't counting and again hadn't really noticed the unusual behaviour, just kept thinking it needed doing!!
Love the fact our natural primal instincts still play through!

NiceOneCenturion Mon 13-May-13 10:29:35

One month before my due date I went crazy cleaning, including scrubbing out all our mugs with my own home made lemon and table salt mixture confused

I dusted my skirting boards every day. I honestly don't think I've touched one since (I'm not telling you how old my child is blush)

I am someone whose mum has to tell me my oven needs cleaning and
does it for me but for a fortnight it gleamed. And yes, all extremely entertaining for my DH

KatAndKit Mon 13-May-13 10:34:26

I had my nesting professionally outsourced and got cleaners in for 4 hours when I was about 38/39 weeks.

DaisyFlower123 Mon 13-May-13 10:43:35

Hehe KatAndKit, I like the outsourcing idea!!

megarobotdiscoparty Mon 13-May-13 11:19:23

Got it bad when I finished work at 36 weeks then it tailed off in favour of sleeping....39+1 today, braxton hicks and intense period pains all last night and the nesting has returned with a vengeance this morning! only just sat down in fact. wondering if this baby might be on time after all....

ButteryJam Mon 13-May-13 11:32:21

KatAndKit, love the outsourcing idea! I might just do that too ... grin

Blending Mon 13-May-13 12:03:52

Another who outsourced hers as well! I was going crazy at the dust on the light bulbs and had sever oedema, and couldn't move. So I got a cleaner in for a full spring clean, and ended up keeping her on! Yes even during mat leave when we couldn't really afford it or justify it. But I have cut back in other areas as its my one luxury.

Due twins at the end of the month, and it lovely to know I can just jot down anything that bugs me and she'll take care of it!

smiler389 Sun 19-May-13 11:31:19

I too have considered the out sourcing idea but can't get anyone to give me even a vague idea of how much it might cost without them coming to look around. Would like to know before I ring someone. Any ideas?

BabsAndTheRu Sun 19-May-13 11:38:51

From the minute of conception until I stop breastfeeding. It's how I always know I'm pregnant oh and sudden loss of parking skills, crashed car of driveway gatepost( just one of many incidents). Happened with all three DCs.

Liveinthepresent Sun 19-May-13 11:46:53

Well it seems to have bypassed me both times - currently 35 weeks with DC2 and urgently need to do some nesting as currently baby has nowhere to sleep ( well Moses basket is in the loft!) but must don't have the energy or motivation..
Am driving DH mad with my negativity about how much there is to do - but not actually motivated to help the poor man!
Send some nesting urges my way ladies.

Featherbag Sun 19-May-13 11:50:39

At 30 weeks I started ironing everything, babygros, bedding, EVERYTHING. And I DO NOT iron, EVER. I mean literally ever, if it needs ironing that badly it just doesn't get worn, or DH does it. I even had to ring him at work and ask where the iron was kept! DS arrived exactly 2 weeks later.

rrreow Sun 19-May-13 14:41:27

I'm not a particularly tidy or organised person, but for the past couple of weeks all I've wanted to do is get things organised and in their proper place. Then I also keep looking at dust gathering on the walls/corners of ceilings and feeling the urge to clean it (this would involve getting on a ladder).. all very out of character for me. I'm 36+1 and have a feeling this baby will be earlyish.

Had no nesting symptoms at all with DC1 but I was induced at 38+1 so perhaps I wasn't close.

babyradio Sun 19-May-13 15:17:57

I've had it for weeks, recently I scrubbed the skirting boards in my hallway with an old toothbrush because the health visitor was coming and I was worried she'd think I kept a dirty house. I have a tiny hallway, but still. 37+1 today.

Finally got around to washing his newborn clothes, bedding, towels etc. Do I need to iron them?? I'm a bit frightened of burning myself on irons have never been an iron-er...

Similar to a poster above I got in the car the other day and momentarily forgot how to reverse. Don't know where my brain is these days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now