Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Uterus lifting into abdonmen?

(10 Posts)
CuteLittleToes Sun 12-May-13 18:23:46

I've been reading that at around 12 weeks the uterus lifts from pelvic area higher into abdonmen. I waswondering if you actually feel anything when it's happening?

The reason I'm asking is that for the last few days I've been waking up very early in the morning, and I thought the reason was that it is getting very light now. However, I then realised that every time I wake up, my bladder is so full I need to get up for a pee. Since the start of pregnancy, I have been going for a pee quite often, but usually I could sleep through the night. I thought that by now it should be getting better, not worse? I feel like I need to pee more often now too than a week ago. Also I've been feeling a bit of streching today I think. I'm 12 weeks today.

Any ideas? Is that a sign it is in sort of transition? I don't know what difference it would make, but just makes me wonder!

Gonnabmummy Sun 12-May-13 18:30:49

No more sleeping through for me either I'm now 24+4 and I'm getting up twice a night for a wee now. What I noticed was going toilet in evening, bump comes and seems to never stop every week am bigger look like a bus and it's my first! And you might get stich like stretching pains as you begin to grow not comfortable but only last a few seconds. But on the plus side won't be long til you feel your little one squirming around in about 8 week u'll be getting some definite kicks smile

Fuckwittery Sun 12-May-13 18:34:36

yes, could be going through transition and pushing on your bladder more. Once it moves up, you can only do really trickly slow wees (or I can anyway). I love going for a proper whoosh wee after I've had the babies.

Fakebook Sun 12-May-13 18:35:18

Ugh. I wanted to start a thread about this but you've got in before me! I'm having the same problem. I'm nearly 15 weeks and am waking up early in the morning for a wee as there is so much pressure on my bladder it hurts. I didn't have this problem in early pregnancy and its only started in the last 4 weeks or so.

I think it's because I have a tilted uterus, so it pops forward onto the bladder later than a normally placed uterus during pregnancy. I think I was the same with my other two pregnancies aswell; the need to wee started much later than other women I know.

With the other two it got better for me at about 20 weeks when the uterus moved higher up and baby moved up too, but then it got bad again at about 30 weeks.

Something you could try, that leaves me empty for longer, is that when you've wee'd rock back and forth on the loo quite vigorously and then give another little push and you'll find more wee comes out (sorry tmi!) this helps empty your bladder efficiently and prevents urine infections too. I always make a habit of it during pregnancy.

Indith Sun 12-May-13 18:38:55

you are right, it does lift AMD relieve the pressure but frequent weeing us now a hhabit that it can be hard to shake! that said if you have a sharp increase in weeing frequency and feel you may have any uti symptoms then have a quick check up as you are more vulnerable to infections while pregnant.

Indith Sun 12-May-13 18:39:46

bloody auto correct.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 12-May-13 18:45:04

I am finding (34 weeks) and I found last time that increased weeing is part of the deal.

I have tried to remind/convince myself to get up in the night to wee. I can sometimes go back to sleep, but rationally know that I will feel better if I go to the loo.

I think it is pressure on the bladder but I am also drinking more than I did previously. It did return to normal post birth last time.

CuteLittleToes Sun 12-May-13 19:29:56

Thanks for your replies, it just seems so strange, I thought it's more sommon earlier on!

Fakebook, thanks for advice, I've read that somewhere else, so I do that sometimes too, but I don't think it always works, as half an hour later it's full again!

I guess I'm in a panicky mood, as I'm having my first scan tomorrow! Keep worrying something will be wrong... although my rational side keeps telling me everything will be ok, the irrational part is looking for yet another reason to worry...

RJM17 Sun 12-May-13 21:32:11

I am 13 weeks tomorrow and for last two weeks I have woken up between 5 and 6am absolutely bursting for the toilet to the point were I struggle to get out of bed and to the loo as the pressure is that bad. I was really starting to worry but from this thread I'm guessing it is quite normal x

Fakebook Sun 12-May-13 22:03:32

Yes I find that too CuteLittleToes, mostly during the day. I think it depends on how much water you've drunk. Like during the night I don't drink anything at all so I only get up once during the night, but even then it's unbearable pressure on my bladder.

Try not to worry about the scan, easier said than done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now