Talk

Advanced search

Reassurance/advice needed- Bleeding at 11 weeks

(7 Posts)
LittleNightin Sun 12-May-13 16:49:29

I had early scans at 6 & 7 weeks because of bleeding, I was told I had blood next to my sac, ever since I've spotted brown blood but last Monday I had a stitch like pain on my left side, then Tuesday morning I had red blood in my pants & when I went to the loo I had trickle of blood run into the toilet, pretty much stopped as soon as it started.I had a scan that morning on a portable scanner in ward & was told all seemed fine, the blood next to my sac had gone & we saw heartbeat & active baby. Had bit of blood on the Wednesday night, not as much as before & again stopped almost straight away, had more bleeding on the Thursday night but that was just when I wiped. But today had bit of brown/pink & red blood, had achy lower back which isn't painful just annoying, but just been to toilet & had gush of dark red blood, back ache slowly easing off now, the blood easing off again. Having 12 week scan tomorrow morning, dont know whether I should go to A & E now or if just go if bleeding gets worse or pain starts. Has anyone else experienced this & what was the outcome?x

Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 16:56:45

Wait for your scan tomorrow and explain whats happened, they won't be able to do anything at a&e now and since your scan is tomorrow anyway you may as well wait.

I'm sure its fine, I had several episodes of bleeding in my 1st trimester, completely unexplained but I'm now 16 weeks, have had 2 great scans and heard the heartbeat on Friday at my mw apt smile

Good luck x

LittleNightin Sun 12-May-13 17:06:27

Thanks Lj8893, I thought it would be best to wait till tomorrow. That's great to hear all's going well for you, hopefully i'll be the same.x

Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 17:18:17

I'm sure you will be fine, I was certain bleeding wasent normal when I had it but every person I spoke to said they had at least one bleeding episode in early pregnancy.

My mum had what she thought were 3 periods before she realised she was pregnant with me!

sarahleanne Sun 12-May-13 18:55:43

Hi,
I blead on and off through the first trimester with my first.and a few days before my 20 week scan I blead heavily out of the blue and really thought something was wrong.My 20 week scan revealed a healthy baby boy and the bleeding was totally unexplained.Try not to worry too much,especially if you have seen a strong heartbeat.

LittleNightin Sun 12-May-13 19:03:42

Thanks Sarahleanne thats a big reassurance.

Namethattune Sun 12-May-13 19:38:30

I has bleeding on 2 occasions before 12 weeks. The second time I actually went to A&E, as it was a sunday. All they did was dipstick my urine to test for pregnancy hormones, and tell me to wait for my 12 week scan (which was in 3 days time). Everything was fine. DD is now nearly one :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now