Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

11 weeks and feeling awful

(3 Posts)
PumpkinPie2013 Sun 12-May-13 11:32:30

Hi everyone

Just looking for reassurance or anyone feeling similar.

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow with my first baby and feel
awful sad

I feel sick/retch pretty much all day and nothing at all helps. Only been sick a couple of times though. Because of this my tummy muscles feel a bit tender (nothing really bad just strained a bit).

I get really bloated which is uncomfortable and my tummy bubbles.

I'm getting headaches too and some times a weird
taste in my mouth.

I'm getting some minor aches as well now in my pelvis/back sad again nothing serious like stabbing/sharp pains and laying down or changing position helps.

Not had any bleeding which is good smile

I had to take thur/fri off work as I felt so bad but could really do with going back tomorrow sad.

I'm really pleased to be pregnant but just feel so rough! My mw at booking wasn't very good either so don't feel I can ring her for reassurance .

Got my 12 week scan a week tomorrow and I'm scared they'll say there is no baby or hb - not sure why!

Someone please tell me I'm not a complete loon smile x

2Labradors Sun 12-May-13 12:17:00

You're not a loon at all pumpkin

I'm 11 weeks too and feeling totally totally exhausted.

I haven't actually vomited but have nausea which is overwhelming sometimes. I actually find when I'm stressed its worse.

I posted yesterday about having an awful time at work as the stress and added exhaustion is making things unbearable right now. I want to cry when I think about going back in tomorrow and I usually like my job and the people I work with.

My bloating is unreal, I have IBS so can look 6 months pregnant sometimes (although usually later in the day). I'm having to wear a long cardigan when I walk around work as the girls in my office know I'm pregnant but no one else does, I don't know how long I can hide it for. I have been told people have been asking questions, bad IBS has been the answer so far.

I've had 3 bleeds, only small, at around 8-9 weeks. Scan after 1st bleed showed a baby with heartbeat but I've had 2 bleeds since and I'm so scared that at my 12 week scan when I will be 12-13 weeks there won't be a baby.

If you don't feel confident with your midwife, maybe go and see your GP about your aches for reassurance.

Good luck with your scan too, it will soon be here. Mine's a week on Thursday. I'm trying not to think about it too much.

Hopefully the fact that I feel like utter crap too and we're similar in dates gives you reassurance that its normal. And let's hope it all begins to pass soon. This is my third, and I've had some sort of amnesia since as I look back at previous pregnancies with rose tinted glasses. Maybe we will have forgotten about feeling like this in a few weeks, lets hope smile

sprite25 Sun 19-May-13 11:36:51

Hey Im 10+4 weeks and dont worry your not alone, this is my first pregnancy too (and maybe the last going by the way Im feeling!) I had extreme nausea and sickness which started around 6 weeks and which is now largely controlled by cyclizine (thank god) although I still feel sick as soon as I get tired or hungry (which is about every hour). I also have to take paracetamol at least once a day because the headaches, which my midwife assures me is just caused by hormones, are so bad they feel more like migraines. I feel crappy and tired ALL the time, even though I only leave the house to go to my part time job. I have to pee all the time, even during the night which is very odd for me and am always having weird dreams. I never knew that even pregnancy could make me so bloated, Ive never been so uncomfortable in my life its like Im out of breath all the time and have had to start buying new clothes already cos my old ones are too tight. Despite all of this I still worry that when it comes to having the scan on Friday that they will tell me theres nothing there or something bad. Sorry for the long winded list of complaints but just wanted you to know your not the only one feeling these things and dont ever feel guilty if feeling so crappy all the time gets you down from time to time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now