Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movement at 39+4 - advice appreciated

(7 Posts)
thepartysover Sun 12-May-13 08:58:43

Hoping someone can help.

I noticed last night that the baby's movements have slowed down. No change this morning either. The baby is still moving, just not as much, or as vigorously. I've been having Braxton Hicks pretty much continuously for the last few days - could this affect movement? Should I be on the phone right now?

TinkyPeet Sun 12-May-13 09:07:16

Yes to the phone. I went in yesterday because movements had changed and the midwife said she would much rather we go in and sit on a monitor do 20 minutes than sit and worry at home. And quite typically as soon as the monitor was attached y little monkey decided to throw a party lol x

MrsReiver Sun 12-May-13 09:14:39

Yes, get on the phone. Everything is probably fine but it's definitely a case of better safe than sorry. Good luck x

thepartysover Sun 12-May-13 09:28:17

Thanks everyone. Of course the moment I posted this, the baby has returned to its usual acrobatics... Keeping a close eye though - as you say, better safe than sorry.

Namethattune Sun 12-May-13 19:45:22

Our hospital had a maternity triage department where you could just turn up if you felt decreased movement (or had any other problems). They were so nice there, and said it's always better to come in if you're not sure.

eltsihT Sun 12-May-13 19:57:02

I am 39+5 today, I would say that over the last couple of days I have been feeling lots of twinges and not as many little movements. The bigger movement luckily seem to come when I get worried about whether I am feeling baby move or not.

I have considered calling midwife a few time but she has been saved by a wiggle!

Just hopping these twinges turn in to labour soon I am getting a bit fed up of it.

Good luck

thepartysover Sun 12-May-13 20:01:28

Same here! Fingers crossed for us both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now