Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

stomach cramps 5-6 weeks pregnant

(7 Posts)
Stephk1506 Sat 11-May-13 22:35:40

Hello smile im 5-6 weeks pregnant with my second baby I took a test 3 days after my missed period. Im having quite strong stomach cramps and back ache I remember having this with my first but not as strong :s im realy worried as 2 of my close friends have misscarried and I feel its going to happen to me. I also feel light headed, dizzy, tender boobs and a realy swollen stomach. Are these symptoms anything to worry about?? Im more concerned about the cramps. Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks smile

stephbecominglittler Sat 11-May-13 23:10:04

Hun I had the same as u , few cramps and pains but honestly nothing to worry about , get ur self to the epau and they may scan u . I was 5-6 weeks just like u and I saw my little baby's heartbeat I'm now 13 weeks , hope this helps . My midwife told me long as there was no bright red blood she wasn't concerned xxx

stephbecominglittler Sat 11-May-13 23:11:17

Also all the symptoms u have described are all strong positive signs that ul b ok , having no pregnancy symptoms (sore boobs dizziness sickness ECt ) is when to speak to midwife x

PurpleAlert Sat 11-May-13 23:11:54

I had period type pains very early in both my pregnancies. Try not to worry. Congratulations x

50shadesofbrown Sat 11-May-13 23:18:34

It's probably fine, but I'd speak to a doctor if I were you. Tell them all the symptoms you're having. Better safe than sorry, pregnant women are commonly expected to be more concerned than usual about things like this. It doesn't make you a hypochondriac, just a normal pregnant woman.

50shadesofbrown Sat 11-May-13 23:20:58

And, I meant to say, CONGRATULATIONS! I had implantation pain for ages, was convinced I'd be bleeding every time I went to the loo. DD has just turned one year old.

LittlePeaPod Sun 12-May-13 15:10:43

Steph Congratulations on your gorgeous BFP..... flowers.

I am on the January antenatal thread and we are all about 5/6/7 weeks pregnant. Some of the ladies on there are experiencing similar things to you. Feel free to join us when you are ready... smile

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1740530-January-2014-Start-the-new-year-off-with-a-pop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now