Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton hicks or baby moving?

(3 Posts)
Kelly1814 Sat 11-May-13 16:19:07

Hello all.

I'm 18+4 and for the last week I thought I could feel the baby moving. When I lie down especially it's like a hard ball either above my pubic bone in the centre or of to one side. It all gets really hard and feels like something is pushing me from within.

Friend have told me that baby moving only feels like flutters at this stage and these could be Braxton hicks.

This worries me a bit as I had a cerclage 4 weeks ago and i'm high risk for Pre term labour.

Is the baby moving just a flutter? Are Braxton hicks stronger? Or is my baby just giving me a really good shove?!

Have a docs appt this week but would love to hear your feedback.....

BumbleBee2011 Sat 11-May-13 16:27:11

Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me, can't remember when I started to feel them with DC1, but this time with DC2 I could feel them quite early on, from about 13 weeks iirc. They are just like you describe (I even had it confirmed by a pro as I was having one during the 20 wk scan and could see it on the screen!)

Apparently you have them from early on but don't feel them normally, some women are just more sensitive (or aware smile). I wouldn't worry too much but you could always speak to your mw, if it'll make you feel more at ease.

Kelly1814 Sat 11-May-13 19:38:46

How odd, I really did think it was the baby as one side often sticks out more than the other. It did seem unlikely as it's still only tiny and surely couldn't push out that hard.thanks for the feedback.

Oh well, another thing to worry about! Will add that to the agonising recurring UTI's I've had for the last 3 weeks, lots to chat to the doc about tomorrow....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now