Talk

Advanced search

healthy pregnancy snacks

(3 Posts)
Toowittoowoo Sat 11-May-13 15:36:02

I don't know about anyone else but I am 13 week PG and I am ALWAYS hungry? I know that I shouldn't be eating for two but there is no way I can go from breakfast -> lunch -> dinner without eating anything in between. Up until a week ago or so ago I was feeling so dreadful that toast was the only option, and that was fine as it was only for a few weeks, but now I am beginning to feel better I need to decide what else I am going to eat.

I'm not too bothered about calorie counting but I did put on a fair amount of weight in my last pregnancy which took quite a lot of hard running to lose and if I can avoid that this time then it would be good. I can't imagine with a baby and toddler having much time or energy to do lots of exercise so I guess, if possible, I would prefer not to put so much weight on at all. Do you think this is possible?

I'm trying to keep very active, as much as I can at least, this time so I am sure that will help but what on earth do I eat when I'm hungry that will give me energy and keep me going until my next meal.

Any healthy eating gurus out there who can point me in the right direction?

SeriousStuff Sat 11-May-13 15:59:02

Some suggestions from me...

* Carrots/cucumber/baby sweetcorn with low fat hummous
* Chunks of apple, sultanas and small pieces of mature cheese (for calcium)
* Low fat cottage cheese and fruit (grapes, strawberries, kiwis and pineapple are all good)
* Rice cakes
* Banana mashed up with milk
* A really thick smoothie
* Olives and sundried tomatoes

And I get a Graze box delivered every week which always has some great snacks in it - https://www.graze.com/uk/products

Hope that helps!

Kelly1814 Sat 11-May-13 16:20:37

Handful of almonds
Little box of sultanas
Little box of dried apple
A few dried apricots
Sliced apple
Sliced nectarines
Yoghurt

Am living off all these things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now