Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump going down

(12 Posts)
Smerlin Sat 11-May-13 07:06:55

I'm 16+4 and had quite a noticeable bump ie people at work were noticing and commenting on it but in the last couple of days it feels smaller and less firm.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know a lot of people have no bump at all at this stage. I'm a size 10 normally.

I am really trying not to be paranoid but I had a threatened miscarriage in the 1st trimester so occasionally get anxious and think, "what if something has happened since the 12 week scan.."

Runswithsquirrels Sat 11-May-13 07:08:30

Mine changed a lot and still does depending on position and many other things. I think it's quite normal to look different on different days.

roofio87 Sat 11-May-13 07:16:31

yes I'm 19w and some days I look huge and others could pass for not pregnant. definitely depends on baby's position and bloating!!

cupcake78 Sat 11-May-13 07:46:12

As long as your not losing fluid I would put it down to change of position of baby. You could
always get checked over if your concerned.

beckie90 Sat 11-May-13 09:31:51

It's pretty normal for it to go up and down, I'm 27wks and mine still does it, look barely preg somedays and then others I'm much bigger x

Lydia161290 Sat 11-May-13 11:05:01

I've found that my bump has changed throughout pregnancy. Like yesterday I was huge, but today i'm small.

AnythingNotEverything Sat 11-May-13 11:49:18

I agree with the others - bumps change all the time. I'm 17 weeks and have gone from looking very pregnant with a hard bump,to just looking fat this week!

Smerlin Sat 11-May-13 12:39:57

Thanks everyone - it's just so maddening not knowing what's going on in there!

Strangely after posting this message, I felt what felt like early flutterings while lying still in the bath. It didn't feel like any digestive etc feelings that I've felt before- felt all bubbly- but could be mistaken. Hopefully it'll come back...

Lj8893 Sat 11-May-13 12:56:41

I'm 16 weeks and a week ago grew a bump almost overnight, yesterday it had completely disappeared and today its back again!

SeriousStuff Sat 11-May-13 16:01:00

Mine comes and goes - I'm 18wks and some mornings, my stomach feels really flat, but as soon as I start eating, it balloons! It has varied a lot from 15wks until now so I wouldn't be too worried.

Mandypops Sat 11-May-13 16:17:20

Mine seems to go up and down all the time, I wouldn't worry :0)

MrsHY1 Sat 11-May-13 19:25:01

I'm only 10+3 with dc1 but I've noticed I have a discernible bump in the afternoons, not so much in the mornings. Must get pushed out as my stomach fills up or something!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now