Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Takeaways

(4 Posts)
Going2bamum Thu 09-May-13 18:39:32

Hi all,

Please make me feel better I'm 6 weeks 1 day pregnant, for a treat I decided to grab a takeaway curry. I was nearly half way through when I saw a piece of pink chicken ( when I cut into it )!it wasn't raw raw but I didn't consider it cooked so stopped eating immediately.

Can it harm my baby????

PinkApple86 Thu 09-May-13 18:48:15

it could just be because it had been marinaded. as long as u dont get ill the baby will be fine. I drank out of date milk yday without realising am I'm fine today. if I get a takeaway I normally microwave it on full for a few mins to be sure I kill any bugs. congrats on your pregnancy! thanks

Going2bamum Thu 09-May-13 18:59:03

Thank you. I rang the takeaway up because it looked like thigh meat that's what I mean about pink but they sad they just use chicken breast. I checked the other pieces and they were all fine but couldn't face eating it then!!!

SourSweets Thu 09-May-13 19:48:12

I think the worry with undercooked meat and unpasteurised cheese is that you will get food poisoning because your immune system is suppressed, rather than it directly harming your baby. You were right to stop eating it, but if you feel fine today then I'm sure you won't have done any harm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now