Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

extreamly sore hips when in bed!

(9 Posts)
mum2benicole Thu 09-May-13 16:44:40

anyone suffering with sore hips at night?
im 24weeks i have to turn over every 30 minns during the night its killing me my midwife says its my weight but im losing it and still pain it takes me 10mins in the morning to stand up as im that sore i could cry.

any tips more than welcome smile

dinkystinky Thu 09-May-13 16:51:20

Is it lying on your side causing the issue? Have you tried having a pillow between your legs and duvet under your hips? If that doesnt work, then try sleeping on your back on an incline (think lots and lots of pillows under your head and torso so its leaning up against the bedstead).

dinkystinky Thu 09-May-13 16:52:13

Also, ask MW for referral to physio - sounds like it could be pgp/spd starting - they can get you a support belt and give you exercises, and guidance on what not to do, to minimise it.

Bunnychan Thu 09-May-13 16:56:14

I had it a little but found that when I slept in our spare bed; the mattress was softer and it wasn't so bad. Try putting and extra duvet on top of your mattress and see if that helps a little x

mum2benicole Thu 09-May-13 16:56:21

that sounds like a plan i will be having words with my doctor ive tryed pillow between the legs and the duvet under me and nothing eases the pain its there lying on my back or sides and gets that sore i realy cry its awful but thanks will defo ask

cathpip Thu 09-May-13 16:56:54

I have had sore hips in both my previous pregnancies, it is so painful, my dh had to help roll me in later pregnancy as i couldnt move because of the pain. I have found that padding under the hips helps, if you have a spare duvet fold that and put that under your hips, it certainly helped me. Also lying in a half up right position as dinky has suggested. Hope this helps and it does stop after baby is born smile

BraveLilBear Thu 09-May-13 17:01:58

Me too - have been using folded up duvet for the last few weeks and it does help an awful lot, though still get the odd 'bad' night.

I found that having a warm bath in the evening really really helps prevent this, especially if I've been moving around a lot during the day.

My midwife's keeping an eye on it and says if it gets worse to book a GP appt to get some painkillers, and they'll then look at physio.

Have to say being told it's due to your weight is a bit harsh... I'm 29 weeks and have only put on just over a stone thus far (now 10 st and a bit) so hardly whale-like!

Good luck with your GP

Panzee Thu 09-May-13 17:04:53

I had this, a tempur mattress topper and a duvet underneath helped immensely. Hope it eases soon smile

mum2benicole Thu 09-May-13 17:11:31

yea thanks ladies
ive always had weight problems as i have endometriosis but yea my MW says im over weight but ive lost over 1stone in the last few months im not a fan of hers but i gess shes slighty right hehe
my partner even bought a new bed and still no relife but im not giving up i will be on the phone first thing to my gp and will give padding and upright pillows to test tonight thanks
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now