Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wishing I had gone on maternity leave already - anyone else!

(6 Posts)
DaisyFlower123 Thu 09-May-13 14:32:05

I am 37 weeks and really flagging today. I have a senior management job in the public/ community sector. I end up doing lots of travelling, speaking at events, presenting/ interviewing for contracts, etc. It is a really full on, busy job - which I must add I love. but my goodness to I wish I hadn't thought going to 38.5 weeks was a sensible idea! I would be quite happy sitting at home in the garden sipping lemonade now!

Anyone else!?

WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 09-May-13 14:35:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bunnychan Thu 09-May-13 15:33:44

I'm 38 weeks and I finish tomorrow; I have really struggled this week but I keep think how I'm nearly there and I've got more time with my little one when they arrive :-) x

DaisyFlower123 Thu 09-May-13 15:44:19

That's how I hope I feel next week. Just had an absolute killer of a week and totally exhausted today! Have a day off tomorrow though!! smile

rosiedays Thu 09-May-13 17:33:30

i agree Go early! i'm only 29 weeks and can't imagine still working... i don't know how people do it. I had to stop at 12 weeks (end of contract) and despite finantial issues it's been a blessing.
sorry but 38.5 really was a BAD idea confused (for an obviously cleaver woman) baby could come anytime now.... 40 weeks is just a guess.
be kind to yourself x

NewlywedUpTheDuff Thu 09-May-13 17:35:27

I am 37 weeks too and I am still working. I wish I could end sooner but I wanted as much maternity leave as possible with the baby after as I am only having 6 weeks due to financial issues hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now