Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ms, dh moan

(5 Posts)
woollysocksaresexy Thu 09-May-13 14:16:08

Ok, I am sorry, I am feeling really sad and lonely and am going to have a moan if that is alright.
I am 10/11 weeks. I have told my parents and best friend I am pregnant, that is it. At work I had to tell my manager at the start, but noone else. The trouble is, due to a combination of my managers indiscretion and (mainly) my ms, every one else I work with knows, as it is so hard to hide my appalling nausea and regular vomiting. This has made me really sad as didn't want the entire world to know, especially even before my first scan, which is next week. And I am terrified that I am going to have had a mmc which they will pick up then. I had even hoped I could keep it quiet until after my 20 week scan, perhaps unrealistically, but had hoped as I am worried there will be something wrong with my baby, assuming it is still alive at my first scan. I am just really upset that absolutely everyone (about 40 people ) at work have been talking about this. Added to this I dread going into work as it is very difficult with the ms, and the thought that I may well have weeks left until it gets better, or at least improves fills me with dread. My husband, who initiaially was very nice and sympathetic, now is rather bored of the whole subject and doesn't want to hear about it. Whereas I am struggling to get through every day. :-( And I am frightened of my scan
Apologies for this, I'm sure I'll feel better soon! Just had to write it down. I thought everyone's dh's became all loving and fuss over them whereas I just seem to annoy mine!

BabyHMummy Thu 09-May-13 14:33:32

I think men struggle with the concept on ms as the description is so inaccurate.

My advice would be go see ur Gp. There are pills that they can give u that control the sickness and it might be worth getting signed off for a couple of weeks til the worst passes if ur struggling this much.

Hugs xx

rosiedays Thu 09-May-13 17:26:27

hi, sad hope you feel better getting it out. thanks. I agree with babyH go see your GP and get signed off and some medication if you can. the gossip at work will move on soon. (i hate workplace gossips.. grrr)
I found DH much more sympathetic when i said ' your the baby is making me feel sick/ tired/moody' rather than i feel sick/tired/moody!!
good luck with scan.

badguider Thu 09-May-13 17:31:04

i know how you feel about wanting to keep it quiet but people know now so i though you should just embrace that and say 'yes, i am pregnant, i am suffering terrible ms and it is very early days yet and we don't know yet if the pregnancy is ok until we've had the scan so i don't want to talk about it yet'.... people will understand if you're honest with them.

i remember the pre-12week lies as the hardest thing really, i felt awful and had to keep lying to get out of my usual hobbies which i couldn't do. once i could tell people it was MUCH better.

Pancakeflipper Thu 09-May-13 17:46:38

Agree with Badguider.

With DS2 all my company found out when I was 8 or 9 weeks pregnant as I started bleeding really badly at work, fainted and thought it was a miscarriage. Had leave work and had to tell my boss and office first aider why. They then loudly informed the entire office. Most of whom felt dreadfully sorry my pregnancy was news when they knew I wouldn't tell them until nearly 4 months. It's annoying but don't let it overshadow your pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now