Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy insomnia?

(8 Posts)
IcingTheCake Thu 09-May-13 05:12:42

Just that really! Anyone else? I wake up at 3am for a wee and cannot get back to sleep, this seems to happen all the time!! Any tips to help sleep?

Needalifeagain Thu 09-May-13 05:31:56

Just the same. Generally getting 2/3 hours per night.
Nothing seems to help, baths, lavender, relaxation techniques etc.
35 wks. Started mat leave so managing a nap when toddler sleeps.
Looking forward to post birth as sleep can't be much worse and can sleep on tummy againgrin

GeordieCherry Thu 09-May-13 05:37:00

Just to nap when you can. It all adds up & resting is better than nothing even if you're not sleeping
There's a relaxation class at the hospital near us that teaches breathing techniques. Might be worth seeing if there's one near you?

IcingTheCake Thu 09-May-13 05:37:45

Ahh im only 29+6 confused ten weeks of this to go! Im going to be pro at getting up for a newborn! grin

IcingTheCake Thu 09-May-13 05:39:10

GeordieCherry i think i will just have to nap lots! Nothing like breathing techniques seem to help sad

BonaDea Thu 09-May-13 05:44:44

I had this all the time. If one more person told me 'its good practice for when the baby comes' I would have killed them (nothing prepares you!).

All I can suggest is not to fret about being wakeful. Make sure you are comfortable and just rest - if you are relaxed and not worrying about not sleeping you may well drop off.

Oh and keep a note pad handy so if there are 'important' things you think of (like 'I MUST get a top and tail bowl') you can just scribble it down and then not fret over it til morning. I found I did a lot of nesting planing at 4am!

IcingTheCake Thu 09-May-13 05:52:44

Oooh good idea bonadea i may just have to keep a little notepad by the bed smile my OH will be thrilled wink

babyiwantabump Thu 09-May-13 06:09:58

I'm only 8+6 and already have this! Wake at stupid o clock every morning!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now