Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnancy insomnia?

(8 Posts)
IcingTheCake Thu 09-May-13 05:12:42

Just that really! Anyone else? I wake up at 3am for a wee and cannot get back to sleep, this seems to happen all the time!! Any tips to help sleep?

Needalifeagain Thu 09-May-13 05:31:56

Just the same. Generally getting 2/3 hours per night.
Nothing seems to help, baths, lavender, relaxation techniques etc.
35 wks. Started mat leave so managing a nap when toddler sleeps.
Looking forward to post birth as sleep can't be much worse and can sleep on tummy againgrin

GeordieCherry Thu 09-May-13 05:37:00

Just to nap when you can. It all adds up & resting is better than nothing even if you're not sleeping
There's a relaxation class at the hospital near us that teaches breathing techniques. Might be worth seeing if there's one near you?

IcingTheCake Thu 09-May-13 05:37:45

Ahh im only 29+6 confused ten weeks of this to go! Im going to be pro at getting up for a newborn! grin

IcingTheCake Thu 09-May-13 05:39:10

GeordieCherry i think i will just have to nap lots! Nothing like breathing techniques seem to help sad

BonaDea Thu 09-May-13 05:44:44

I had this all the time. If one more person told me 'its good practice for when the baby comes' I would have killed them (nothing prepares you!).

All I can suggest is not to fret about being wakeful. Make sure you are comfortable and just rest - if you are relaxed and not worrying about not sleeping you may well drop off.

Oh and keep a note pad handy so if there are 'important' things you think of (like 'I MUST get a top and tail bowl') you can just scribble it down and then not fret over it til morning. I found I did a lot of nesting planing at 4am!

IcingTheCake Thu 09-May-13 05:52:44

Oooh good idea bonadea i may just have to keep a little notepad by the bed smile my OH will be thrilled wink

babyiwantabump Thu 09-May-13 06:09:58

I'm only 8+6 and already have this! Wake at stupid o clock every morning!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: