Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

True Story...

(15 Posts)
SourSweets Wed 08-May-13 19:09:33

The following conversation genuinely happened to me today. I have not made up or exaggerated a word of it....

Customer: I've just come out of the shop next door, the lady there told me I'd lost loads of weight.
Me: Oh, have you?
Customer: I've lost 6 kilograms.
Me: Well that's quite an achievement. Well done.
Customer: No, I didn't want to lose it. She was making out I am too thin. I'm really annoyed, do I look too thin?

Bare in mind at this point that the customer is probably a size 12. By no means fat but certainly not too thin, and bigger (bump aside) than me by a fair way. I am usually an 8 and have not put on weight on areas other than my bump.

Me: No, I think you look great, don't worry about it.
Customer: I think I must be over training, I have lost weight but I don't mean to.
Me: Well if you're training and you're eating well then I shouldn't think you've anything to worry about. You look well and healthy.
Customer: I mean, this lady kept talking about how thin I am. And she's a big lady herself, she's very curvy, I mean she's like you, she's got a big bum and hips and thighs.

!!!!!

Me: I don't have a big bum!
Customer: no but you can see what I'm saying, she was more your size than mine.
Me: Well I am pregnant.
Customer: But you're only 3 or 4 months, you can still see that you're big you know around your bum and thighs.
Me: Actually I'm 6 months, and I do not have a big bum.
Customer. Well, do you think I'm too thin? I don't want to look like Posh.
Me: no, you're definitely not too thin.

Can you even bear it?!?! I was livid. Fat cow.

saycheeeeeese Wed 08-May-13 19:16:03

I'd have told her to shut her face and take a good look at herself in the mirror!

TinkyPeet Wed 08-May-13 19:19:51

I would have told her where to stick her opinions, or stood next to her, had a good glare and say 'nope your arse is still bigger than mine, now fuck off!'

looneytune Wed 08-May-13 19:19:53

OMG, don't really know what to say to that, some people are just bonkers aren't they! lol

Holy fuck! i'd have raged!! Cheeky mare to keep going as well shock

ComtessedeFrouFrou Wed 08-May-13 19:21:21

Jesus wept. I think I'd have snapped and said "I'm pregnant, what's your excuse?"

PistachioTruffle Wed 08-May-13 19:34:12

How rude! I'm actually speechless! shock

Bunnylion Wed 08-May-13 19:54:22

Sounds like she has body-dysmorphia. Or is just incredibly rude!

DaydreamDolly Wed 08-May-13 19:57:22

I think the best response would have been to break out into uncontrollable laughter, that would have done the trick wink
She was clearly jealous

IndecisivePramBuyer81 Wed 08-May-13 19:58:10

cheeky cow! sounds like an old lady I sat next to on the tube the other week when I was 6mths who made a point of moving out of my way and muttered "pfff fat people" under her breath! was fairly gobsmacking!!shock

SourSweets Wed 08-May-13 19:58:42

Haha, in hindsight it is actually pretty hilarious. She was clearly a nut-job to even consider saying something like that to someone!

SourSweets Wed 08-May-13 19:59:20

Oh my god, Indecisive! What is wrong with these people!

TinkyPeet Wed 08-May-13 21:40:32

I do love how people have the cheek to be rude to hormonal waddly pregnant women, I would imagine its a bit like coating yourself in potted meat and doing a naked dance Infront of a hungry lion....

Racheld33 Wed 08-May-13 21:53:26

My heavily pregnant (size 12) friend was walking through town, when a man wandered up to her and said she should cut back from the pies, because she really fat. She was so shocked she didn't say anything, and as he walked away he shouted over his should 'FATTY!'

kittykatsforever Wed 08-May-13 22:48:24

Omg I'm glad it's not just me then, I was stoped in a toilet cue and told I was f**in huge ( yes her actual expression) this was followed by how many have you got in there I was like really?! Just one! Apart from the fact it was bloody rude and seriously who wants to be told that?? She hadn't asked how far I am ( 37wks!) I actually measure a week behind, I'm wearing size 8/10 maternity ( 12 non maternity in vest tops )and have put on less then 2 stone! She was almost smacked in the mouth wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now