Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3/5 engaged - Second baby

(6 Posts)
MadameJ Wed 08-May-13 16:56:06

My DD was born at 34 weeks for no apparent reason and no warning beforehand. I am now 33+4 with my second DC and at a regular antenatel app the midwife informed me that baby is already 3/5 engaged. What do you lovely ladies think, another early arrival?? I am so anxious as I was desperatly hoping to get to term with this one. The MW was obviously non commital but just wondered what you all thought?? Thanks

WYorksLass Wed 08-May-13 18:42:31

I was 2/5 engaged at 29 weeks with my second. The midwife says it means nothing as with a subsequent baby they pop in and out a lot, sure enough she has. I am now 40+5 and thoroughly fed up! DS was born at 39+6 so i never expected to go over :-(

looneytune Wed 08-May-13 19:07:41

Pretty sure it can change after the first baby. My consultant today wrote in my notes that I'm 3/5, I'm 34+2 so also don't want it to mean anything but I'm pretty sure it doesn't plus consultant never said anything about it

MadameJ Wed 08-May-13 20:07:19

I really hope your right ladies because I desperatly want to go to term this time, thank you so much for sharing your stories x

brettgirl2 Wed 08-May-13 21:06:39

dd2 engaged at 34 weeks and stayed that way ouch shock until 40+4

MadameJ Wed 08-May-13 22:18:43

I am feeling more positive now and im back to thinking "what will be, will be" thank you all for sharing and keep your fingers crossed that im back here in 6 weeks asking for advice on getting labour started!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now