Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Irregular heartbeat???

(7 Posts)
Fairy130389 Wed 08-May-13 09:13:55

During some monitoring yesterday the midwife picked up that the baby had an irregular heartbeat, called the doc in to listen who after abotu 5 seconds said that it was not unusual and usually corrects itself after birth!
I am now absolutely terrified that there is a problem... has anybody else had this? what could it be? what should I look out for?? I am freaking out

joanna1990marie Wed 08-May-13 09:43:04

Mine was the same, for a few weeks it ran a little to slow and kept goin up and down, midwife said it's just the normal development of the heart, im 37 weeks now and her little heart beats fine, u didn't mention how far along u are? If you're at the stage where you're feeling movement, as long as you feel movement every day I wouldn't worry, only if it slows down significantly or stops x

paleandinteresting Wed 08-May-13 11:05:33

During the 20 week scan the sonographer picked up an arrhythmia. We were told it was fairly common as everything is still developing, something about nerve impulses being immature, and not to worry. Heartbeat was normal a few weeks later.

Fairy130389 Wed 08-May-13 14:31:27

Thanks for the replies. I am 34 weeks so don't think it is to do with not being developed properly. Saw the consultant today for an appointment and she said all sounds fine to her so might have picked up 'ectopic' beats from me yesterday - still none the wiser but she did clearly say that there was nothing to worry about so feel much better now.

PurplePidjin Wed 08-May-13 14:59:51

Same here - picked up at 24 weeks, gone by 33 iirc.

I have a happy, healthy 24 week old napping in his cot upstairs. DP has it naturally, he runs marathons for fun mad bugger smile

geeandfeesmum Thu 09-May-13 10:43:19

DD has this. I kept getting sent to the hospital by the MW. DD is 5 now and her heart is fine too. It was fine right from birth. Although, I have to wonder if they just thought she had an irregular heartbeat because she was constantly moving, and still is!!

geeandfeesmum Thu 09-May-13 10:43:37

had not has

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: