Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

finding a parking space... Dorchester hospital

(9 Posts)
syl1985 Tue 07-May-13 23:04:48

I'm going tomorrow for my 20 week scan. I'm a bit nerves. I hope everything is fine.

I've been there before in Dorchester for my 12 week scan and some other tests. I do feel comfortable there. But finding a parking space is a nightmare over there!!!!

I can't believe they don't do something with their parking. There're way to few parking spaces over there.

Last time I was over there. There were people sitting in there cars just waiting for a space to become available. And others driving around. I was so lucky. Just in front of me someone drove away.
I was nearly to late for my appointment. Lucky me!!!

Tomorrow I'll leave earlier then I did last time. Not that I left to late. I just didn't expected it to be so difficult to park my car over there. And hoping that I'll find a space.

Sylvia

ohforfoxsake Tue 07-May-13 23:08:58

Have you looked on parkatmyhouse.com? You can park on a private driveway for a few pounds. Just been on because DC has an exam this weekend and parking will be horrific. One less thing to worry about it.

ohforfoxsake Tue 07-May-13 23:09:36

And you can book online.

syl1985 Tue 07-May-13 23:11:08

WAUW THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to have a look right now!!!!!!! I never heard of that site before.

thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you

ohforfoxsake Tue 07-May-13 23:13:45

You are welcome grin

crikeybadger Wed 08-May-13 10:21:06

Sometimes you can find a space on the road which leads from the roundabout up to the hospital (before you get to the hospital). Assuming you are coming from Dorchester town end and not Poundbury end.

Will mean you'll have a short walk, but will take away the stress of finding a space.

Hope the scan goes well. smile

syl1985 Thu 09-May-13 00:44:34

Thanks ladies,

Thanks for this website:
parkatmyhouse.com

I LOVE it!!!!

Everything went well and the little one seems to be healthy.
It's a healthy boy.

We're happy that he looks fine and healthy. Afcourse we still would have been happy with him if something was wrong with him. But like, I think most other mums to be. You just hope for your child that he/she is fine.

After the scan we went to tell others the good news.
Most were like us happy that everything goes well with me and the baby.

But there were 2 people today......

She: How was the scan today?
Me: Good, it's a healthy baby, a healthy baby boy
She: Laughing... You must be doing something wrong then. 4 boys. poor you.. you must have wanted a girl.
Me: No, I wanted a baby and I'm really happy that he's healthy and it's nice to know that it's a boy.

A different conversation today with a different person.

He: 4 boys, wauw well done, you 2 must have good genes.
My husband: I don't think that having 4 boys is a sign of having good genes.

ohforfoxsake Thu 09-May-13 06:08:38

Congrats Syl. smile

Did you book a space?

Just lovely to have a baby isn't it? No matter what gender! Welcome to the DC4 club grin

crikeybadger Thu 09-May-13 13:35:31

That's great news smile

Am also expecting DC4 - haven't found out the sex but we already have 3 DSs- so am getting all the usual comments like you and getting rather bored of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now