Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Measuring 35 weeks at only 29...

(11 Posts)
weakestlink Tue 07-May-13 19:42:56

Anyone experienced this?

I haven't gained a single lb in weight and I had a scan a week ago which they said large baby (28 weeks measuring 31) but didn't seem too concerned. They also said fluid was fine.

Have now been referred to hosp tomo for another scan and to see obstetrician.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?!

olivo Tue 07-May-13 19:47:05

Oh gosh, I was measuring about 6 weeks ahead around 25 weeks. I had gestational diabetes, it was found. Weekly growth scans revealed polyhydramnios, diet controlled and DD delivered at 381/2 weeks.
The bonus? I only put on 10 pounds during the pig, compared to the 3 stone I put on with Dd1 wink

Oh, and DD was predicted to be over 9lb, she was just over 7 grin

weakestlink Tue 07-May-13 19:50:03

So not putting on any weight might actually mean I do have GD? I haven't had any sugar in my urine though? I have GTT on Thu....
Were you induced or did your DD come on her own?

olivo Tue 07-May-13 19:52:44

I had to have an elective c- section, as I'd had an em CS with Dd1 . It was fab though.

I think the fact I didn't put on much weight was because my diet was so restricted.

olivo Tue 07-May-13 19:53:13

Oh, and I didn't have sugar I nay urine, was sent for the GTT as a result of being so big.

weakestlink Tue 07-May-13 19:57:06

All very interesting olivo thank you smile

Dreading the GTT but got to be done!!! I wonder how long the results take to come through.

olivo Tue 07-May-13 20:00:33

The GTT wasn't too bad. The drink tastes grim, but I necked it in one. It was very boring sitting for the two Hours though. I got into trouble for asking if I could go and get some work from my car to pass the time.

Results were about 3 days later IIRC.

Good luck.

weakestlink Tue 07-May-13 20:03:23

I wondered about asking to go for a nap in the car...?! I have 2 under 5 already so I am shattered!!!!!!

PoppyAmex Tue 07-May-13 20:06:56

Same as olivo, measuring big, GD and polyhydramnios.

DD was 12lbs shock

weakestlink Tue 07-May-13 20:11:45

Been reading up on polyhydramnois - would certainly explain it but at my scan last week they said fluid levels were normal so that confuses me. But then was not so extreme last week. In a week I have jumped from 3 weeks ahead to 6 weeks ahead shock

mildred37 Wed 08-May-13 08:13:18

I was measuring 35 @ 30wks, was sent for a growth scan - all within normal measurements! Had a GTT, which came back normal. Still measuring a couple of weeks ahead (now 38+3) but they aren't concerned. Belly measurements are notoriously inaccurate so don't worry too much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now