Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Looking thru my notes

(15 Posts)
Yonididnaedaethat Tue 07-May-13 17:47:10

and I've noticed that the midwife wrote "brought toddler along to appointment" when I went for my booking appointment. Why would she write that lol does it matter if I take my 1yr old along confused

eltsihT Tue 07-May-13 17:52:55

No idea why, I have taken my now 2 yo to all my appointments, now 39wks. Can't see how it's relevant

Yonididnaedaethat Tue 07-May-13 18:36:12

that's what I was thinking, that's not nothing to do with the pregnancy.

looneytune Tue 07-May-13 18:57:38

WTF? lol totally irrelevant!

ShowOfHands Tue 07-May-13 19:00:40

Scribble underneath a note about what the midwife was wearing.

Two can play at that game.

Racheld33 Tue 07-May-13 19:09:08

Hi, just in her defence, I'm a dentist and I always write in my notes who came to the appointment with my patient (mum, dad, daughter, 3 children etc) purely so I have a record who was there, and then in the future if i need a long uninterrupted appointment in the future I can subtly explaine it might be a long visit, so they might not want to bring their baby etc. I don't think she'd write anything in your notes she didn't want you to see, because obviously you take them home with you (and we all read them as soon as we get home!) smile

MummyBurrows Tue 07-May-13 19:09:51

My dd (3yo) was present at my booking app and my midwife didn't feel the need to comment on it in my notes! Even though dd did keep trying to root through her bag,steal her pen and scribble on my notes lol!

bonzo77 Tue 07-May-13 19:10:13

Mine would usually comment on who came with me, toddler, DH or my mum. Interestingly once i was transferred to consultant lead care this stopped. I think as part of record keeping it helps build a picture of how much support you've got. So eg if you always have to bring your toddler, it might mean that you might have to labour without a birth partner as you have very limited childcare options.

Littlemissexpecting Tue 07-May-13 19:18:19

My mw comments if I bring my DH along or attend alone.
I'm also a HCP and I right it in patients notes. My patients are mainly over 70 though so it's a good memory job for me to remind them that the last time they saw me they came with ...

Gonnabmummy Tue 07-May-13 22:04:26

My notes have an accompanied bit on each app where midwife ticks yes and writes in DP name

LouiseD29 Tue 07-May-13 22:07:50

My midwife wrote that I came alone to my booking appt. I just assumed it was an emotional wellbeing thing. She also wrote that I was 'happy to be pregnant'!

Yonididnaedaethat Tue 07-May-13 22:34:49

Ah maybe not so strange then that she wrote "brought toddler", I never had anything like that written in my notes with my DS, usually I attended my app's alone tho.

nannyl Wed 08-May-13 08:51:48

i have taken toddler to all but one of my appointments (& scans)

it has never been written down or commented on

littleducks Wed 08-May-13 08:59:32

I'm not a mw but write in medical records who was present at appointments, something like.......present ( x, job role, y student job role, 'john' patient's husband). It helps if notes need to be reviewed and as a reminder.

fruitypie Wed 08-May-13 20:34:25

My m/w always writes in whether i was attended or unattended and who with...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now