Talk

Advanced search

Why is my 16w 'bump' lopsided?

(11 Posts)
pinksky Tue 07-May-13 16:45:25

Not worried in any way, just curious--I'm 16 weeks and have a hard-ish bump beginning, but it's very much on my right side only. Babies heartbeat was much more audible from that side too. Will I even out or is my entire uterus lopsided?! grin

FoofFighter Tue 07-May-13 16:50:06

Just the way it's lying smile

alienbanana Tue 07-May-13 16:51:35

Your placenta is probably on the left. I was like this and was wonky for ages, then it evened out for a while, then DS settled with his bum sticking out on the right side and I was all wonky again.

Chubfuddler Tue 07-May-13 16:52:15

My bumps were both like that - my babies seemed to prefer lying with their bum curled up towards my right hip so definitely lopsided.

pinksky Tue 07-May-13 16:54:59

smile thank you both. Glad you evened out a bit alienbanana, albeit temporarily! I think I may be very wonky... Will look forward to my next scan to see where everything is.

harleyd Tue 07-May-13 17:08:24

i woke up this morning with my bump sitting way over to the left, and despite me poking at it, it still hasnt moved back to the middle yet. it seems very wonky in the dress im wearing

NewlywedUpTheDuff Tue 07-May-13 18:06:35

My bump was on the right from about 28 weeks to 35 weeks looking wonky! Only recently it's moved more to the middle as less space (I'm now 36+6) smile

honey86 Tue 07-May-13 18:10:59

mine has done that sometimes lol grin and i can actually feel the lump there when it did too lol x

Withalittlesparkle Tue 07-May-13 18:13:27

My bump often looks like the left side has collapsed he sticks his head/bum so far up on the right side

pinksky Tue 07-May-13 21:36:16

Well given he/she is only the size of a an avocado currently if this carries on I'm going to look very odd smile but glad it's not just me.

retroelle Wed 08-May-13 15:35:25

I was thinking of asking exactly the same question - I am 14 weeks so can only really feel the bump (/bulge) when I lie down, but it's definitely and consistently on the right hand side. Thanks everyone for the replies and the OP for bringing it up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now