Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

'Show' at 36 and half weeks - please tell me baby will hang in there for a little while longer yet!

(6 Posts)
DaisyFlower123 Tue 07-May-13 10:10:12

Only 36.5 weeks and had 2 little 'shows' at weekend, i.e. when wiped (sorry TMI) and contractions on and off for a bit but all gone now. Midwife popped out and was able to show her evidence (at her request I must add!) to be sure nothing abnormal. I am still working and feel very unready for baby just yet! Please tell me he will hang around for a few more weeks yet at least! I went into labour with DC1 on due date.
Anyone similar experiences and held on for at least a few more weeks - I'd very much like to go to 39 at least!

youmaycallmeSSP Tue 07-May-13 10:20:39

A show can happen about 2 weeks before delivery so no need to panic just yet I'd say!

DaisyFlower123 Tue 07-May-13 10:28:01

with DC1 the 'show' was really obvious and all at once if you what I mean, went into labour less than 24 hours later. This seems to be little by little, so I wonder if it just more because cervix sensitive and I am more active, i.e. picking up and running after toddler. May get the maternity bag packed though I think!

beckie90 Tue 07-May-13 13:20:11

Everyones different so he may hang in he may not, although as its only bits I wouldnt be too concerned. I'm having my 3rd and my cervix got quite abit damaged after dc1, so I started loosing bits of my show with dc2 about 10wks before I had him, but in the last few days of pregnancy it was coming away massively so knew that was it. And I'm currently 26+3 with this one and already loose little bits now and again after been active or had loads of braxton hicks. It's most likely it just means things are starting to prepare down there but don't worry changes sometimes can take weeks xx

samsmother Tue 07-May-13 13:26:40

Nothing useful to add but wanted to say I had no show, baby unexpectedly appeared at 36w 3d was not prepared IN THE SLIGHTEST and i spent a lot of time trying to 'catch up' with the missing 4 weeks if that makes sense!

DaisyFlower123 Tue 07-May-13 14:52:35

Thank you, beckie that's reassuring. So far it has been like bad spotting. DC1 was a bad birth and left a lot of damage to my cervix so I will take some hope from your post!
Samsmother if DC2 arrived today I think I would be the same as you, racing to catch up!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now