Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Extremely dizzy at 38 weeks

(9 Posts)
Artichook Mon 06-May-13 19:38:01

I am 38 weeks today and up until about 4 days ago I was coping fine with the third trimester. Then I started to feel utterly exhausted and mildly nauseous the whole time. My pelvis started to ache and I got pain down my leg. Now today I also feel weak and very dizzy. It is really disconcerting. I assumed the tiredness, nausea and aches were normal but is dizziness a common symptom of the last trimester?

This is DC3 and I am sure I never felt like this before.

QueenMatilda Mon 06-May-13 19:38:55

You should call your midwife ASAP

YoniMontana Mon 06-May-13 19:48:21

I think it can be a symptom of pre eclampsia. Please call your midwife ASAP.

Artichook Mon 06-May-13 20:36:56

Thanks both. Sorry for the delayed reply, I was trying to eat some dinner to see if it improved matters. It didn't.

I did actually have pre-eclampsia in my first pregnancy but I never felt like this. I have been monitoring my blood pressure with a home device and I think its OK but I will call the midwives as soon as DH gets home from work.

Bunnychan Mon 06-May-13 20:47:36

Oh arti! hope you feel better soon x

thepartysover Mon 06-May-13 21:00:36

Have your blood tests been okay? It's often a sign of anaemia. I was having dizzy spells and feeling knackered until I started taking iron supplements.

YoniMontana Mon 06-May-13 22:20:01

Hope you are ok x

Artichook Tue 07-May-13 07:34:01

Thanks again everyone. I was dizzy all night and woke up at 2am in total panic. Am going in to get checked this morn.

wifey6 Tue 07-May-13 07:42:29

Hope you are ok OP?
Dizziness can be very frightening- I suffered with that my entire pregnancy with DS1 & regular bouts of fainting too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now