Talk

Advanced search

Everybody and everything is getting on my nerves atm - nearly 38 weeks

(7 Posts)
emkana Fri 19-May-06 14:18:38

Would quite happily spend some time all alone in retreat somewhere atm - aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

At least the dd's are at my MIL's this afternoon, or I would probably end up being Mummy from hell again.

surroundedbyboys Fri 19-May-06 14:27:19

hi emkana

have just posted on due in june thread for the first time. Only 34 weeks, but bet i could beat you for grumpy mum award, oh and grumpy wife.

in fact was our wedding anniversary yesterday. so, ok we both forgot (how crap is that!), but poor dh took such a lot of grief. at least i remembered that our anniversary was on the 18th may, just didn't realise it WAS the 18th may. he on the other hand needed prompting several times to remember even the significance of the 18th may. from my purely objective and of course rational perspective, he was far more in the wrong than me!

i so wish i could send my ds's off to the MIL, or in fact anyone willing to take them. ds1 has got a friend over for tea after school. d'ya think i could get away with cheese sandwiches or would word spread round the playground?

Elibean Fri 19-May-06 14:31:37

Grumpy Mummy from Hell at 11 weeks here (ok, I'm on steroids for the first trimester, but still) so I think at 38 weeks you're more than entitled.
And I've followed some of your threads recently, and you're extra extra entitled - glad you have a bit of a break this pm, and hope you are getting some rest/retreat/peace!

xx

emkana Fri 19-May-06 19:13:40

sbb - did you do the cheese sandwiches?

surroundedbyboys Fri 19-May-06 19:30:40

no - of course i bowed to the pressure from jamie and tried to provide a balanced meal which included all food groups. then chucked them in the garden and locked the back door.
you feeling any calmer?

emkana Fri 19-May-06 23:42:09

Sorry, I went out then! Have just come back from a lovely meal, so am feeling quite chilled atm.
Will probably be a raging madwoman again in the morning though!

surroundedbyboys Sun 21-May-06 16:48:26

hi emkana
saw your other thread - good lordy lady no wonder you are a bit grumpy, sounds like you are having a rather shitty time of it. go easy on yourself huh!

where d'ya go for your nice meal? feeling starving but can't be arsed to cook anything nice, will salivate over your chosen menu on friday night.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: