Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnacare

(12 Posts)
RJM17 Mon 06-May-13 17:42:36

Hi
How long did everyone take pregnancare for? I entered my second trimester today and some people have said that I should stop taking it now. But others said keep on with it.
Will it do any harm for me to keep taking it? Surely its better to carry on than stop as it can't do any harm to get extra vitamins can it?? X

Iheartcrunchiebars Mon 06-May-13 17:43:49

I only started taking it at 13 weeks. Midwife told me at 15 week appointment it's still worth taking.

RJM17 Mon 06-May-13 17:45:26

Thank u! I think I'm just going to carry on x

IcingTheCake Mon 06-May-13 18:13:46

Im 29+2 and still taking it! And they even have one to carry on with post pregnancy! smile

Dildals Mon 06-May-13 18:34:32

There's a FAQ on their website that says that it is absolutely safe to carry on taking it after 12 weeks.

ButteryJam Mon 06-May-13 18:42:03

If you can take them, I'd say carry on smile

AndMiffyWentToSleep Mon 06-May-13 18:47:25

It won't harm but it might constipate you!
If so, you could switch to spatone or floridex iron supplements instead.

RJM17 Mon 06-May-13 18:52:56

I've just bought some more. I'm gonna keep taking them as its not exactly a hardship taking one a day x

RainforestGym Mon 06-May-13 18:55:31

I stopped some point in 2nd trimester . At my first HV appointment was asked if I had taken prenatal vitamins, told her when I'd stopped, and baby now has to take vitamin d drops! I'd never heard that advice when I was pregnant (to continue all the way through).

MisselthwaiteManor Tue 07-May-13 10:09:44

I still take them (32 weeks) when I remember! You still need vitamin D, so might aswell take the multivitamin and get everything.

BentleyBelly Tue 07-May-13 10:57:16

I intend to take them my whole pregnancy and then move onto the breast feeding ones afterwards. My thinking is that if my diet is lacking in anything at least I know the baby is getting what it needs from the supplements. Sometimes its hard to make sure your diet includes absolutely everything. It gives me piece of mind when I have a bad day and comfort eat a naughty dinner!

tequilacream Tue 07-May-13 19:51:44

Stopped after 1st trimester as eating a well balanced diet and normal levels showing in blood tests results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now