Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Silly question, but do you get

(5 Posts)
HelenBackAgain Sun 05-May-13 19:18:58

more stretch marks the second time round or just have the ones from the previous pregnancy because your body is already stretched?

I got my fair share on my stomach, but that's not what bothers me. It's more my legs/calf, thighs, hips and bottom that I'm scared about as I got LOADS already from previous pregnancy.

During my first pregnancy I didn't really bother with oils and such so I'm wondering if they would help? I used bio oil after birth and to be honest it didn't really do anything as stretch marks were already there, but would bio oil prevent me getting more of them?

It's not the end of the world if I do get more stretch marks, but if there is anything I can do to prevent even more appearing, I'm willing to give it a shot, lol.

bonzo77 Sun 05-May-13 19:35:02

Dunno. None in either of my pregnancies [smug emoticon]. But my cousin had 2 stretch marks first time, and they've sort of grown a bit longer 2nd time round, but she's not got more.

3MenAndMe Sun 05-May-13 19:46:17

First time lotions and potions did not help at all,all over the belly,bit on the hips and funny looking tiny ones on my bum,...
Second pregnancy,just a couple more(small ones)on the top of the belly (extension of the old ones..smile)
Now waiting for more (I am 32 weeks),my skin looks more supple,but anything can happen in the next few weeks,I am much older as well and heard that young skin is more prone to SM(possibly true,...)
I don't believe in oils and stuff,it is in your genes and all the stuff people are buying in hope it will prevent the strech marks is just marketing catch...

LoganMummy Sun 05-May-13 21:37:37

Same as 3Men here - few more extensions to my previous stretch marks. First pregnancy I used bio oil every day but I still ended up with hundreds of the buggers! This time (I'm 36 weeks) I'm just using normal moisturizer.

lollypopsicle Sun 05-May-13 22:12:20

sorry to say that I've had loads in this pregnancy but hardly had any from the first pg sad they are all at the top of my thighs and some on my hips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now