Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnancy hair

(9 Posts)
Bodicea Sun 05-May-13 16:54:11

I thought hair was supposed to get better in pregnancy but mine has gone lank and greasy and seem to be sprouting lots of tufts of fine hair along hair line/parting which make hair look frizzy.

Anyone else experienced this?

Not sure if the tufts are because I have had two miscarriages before this pregnancy almost back to back. And this I the culmination of constant hormonal changes.

12weeks now. Waiting for the good hair that i was promised to come!

HeffalumpTheFlump Sun 05-May-13 19:26:29

Eurgh my hair has gone brittle and dry and I can't do anything with it :/ I have tried a heavier conditioner and that made it greasy at the roots and the rest was still bloody dry! Can't win!

Clarabell78 Sun 05-May-13 19:44:56

My hair was the exact same until around 20 weeks and then it got nice and shiny and thick. I lost a baby at 20 weeks last year and I have the same frizzy bits and the front and around parting. My sister is a hairdresser and says its most likely new hair growth from after I lost the baby last time.

lexib Sun 05-May-13 20:51:37

Mines not lank or greasy (yet!) but I'm 14 weeks and for prob 3 weeks I've noticed far more strands of hair falling out, getting in my eyes all over the place. Odd! Must all be related...

iclaudius Sun 05-May-13 20:58:42

I put it down to anaemia. Get quaffing the iron and soon you'll see the glossy locks

Bodicea Mon 06-May-13 09:33:54

Thanks for replies, Guess its another of those pregnancy things. hope will get better soon. Will look into the the iron as well xxxx

adila12 Mon 06-May-13 11:24:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Gonnabmummy Mon 06-May-13 13:51:37

I'm 23+5 still no gloss my hair is exactly same as u describe, the joys!

RJM17 Mon 06-May-13 16:31:42

I am 12 weeks and my hair is horrendous!! It keeps snapping and is dry!
Same goes for my nails they keep snapping all the time x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: