Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy hair

(9 Posts)
Bodicea Sun 05-May-13 16:54:11

I thought hair was supposed to get better in pregnancy but mine has gone lank and greasy and seem to be sprouting lots of tufts of fine hair along hair line/parting which make hair look frizzy.

Anyone else experienced this?

Not sure if the tufts are because I have had two miscarriages before this pregnancy almost back to back. And this I the culmination of constant hormonal changes.

12weeks now. Waiting for the good hair that i was promised to come!

HeffalumpTheFlump Sun 05-May-13 19:26:29

Eurgh my hair has gone brittle and dry and I can't do anything with it :/ I have tried a heavier conditioner and that made it greasy at the roots and the rest was still bloody dry! Can't win!

Clarabell78 Sun 05-May-13 19:44:56

My hair was the exact same until around 20 weeks and then it got nice and shiny and thick. I lost a baby at 20 weeks last year and I have the same frizzy bits and the front and around parting. My sister is a hairdresser and says its most likely new hair growth from after I lost the baby last time.

lexib Sun 05-May-13 20:51:37

Mines not lank or greasy (yet!) but I'm 14 weeks and for prob 3 weeks I've noticed far more strands of hair falling out, getting in my eyes all over the place. Odd! Must all be related...

iclaudius Sun 05-May-13 20:58:42

I put it down to anaemia. Get quaffing the iron and soon you'll see the glossy locks

Bodicea Mon 06-May-13 09:33:54

Thanks for replies, Guess its another of those pregnancy things. hope will get better soon. Will look into the the iron as well xxxx

adila12 Mon 06-May-13 11:24:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Gonnabmummy Mon 06-May-13 13:51:37

I'm 23+5 still no gloss my hair is exactly same as u describe, the joys!

RJM17 Mon 06-May-13 16:31:42

I am 12 weeks and my hair is horrendous!! It keeps snapping and is dry!
Same goes for my nails they keep snapping all the time x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now