Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tens machine - Buy or rent?

(10 Posts)
MrsLianeB Sun 05-May-13 13:23:02

Pretty much as the title says I don't understand why I would rent as they seem to be a similar price to buy? Did you buy or rent?

nancerama Sun 05-May-13 13:28:17

Buy from eBay. You can sell it on for what you paid for it afterwards, so it costs you just the eBay selling fees.

I bought a Mama TENS for around £30.

adagio Sun 05-May-13 14:03:37

Rented, seem to have enough clutter in the house, figured ebay would be low on the priority list post birth, and assumed it would be 'better' to rent a £50 one than to buy a £25 one.

StiffyByng Sun 05-May-13 14:18:03

Can you ask around to see if anyone you know has one to borrow? The one I have waiting to use was lent to me both times by a friend but has gone round and round a lot of people. The pads are very cheap on eBay (£2.50 or so a pair).

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 05-May-13 14:24:23

I have just bought one, for the same price that I hired on for last time. I figured that I could at least get something back if I bought it. And even if I don't break even its better than nothing.

nancerama Sun 05-May-13 14:28:04

Adagio, you are right. I intended to put mine on eBay. DS is 2. I still have it. It's been passed round several friends and relations. One day it might end up back on eBay...

MrsLianeB Sun 05-May-13 14:52:06

there's no one I know who has used one before and I'm wary of buying one off ebay would rather buy/rent from a reputable firm incase of any issues.

GingerDoodle Sun 05-May-13 22:05:47

I got mine second hand on ebay with new pads then sold it on - pretty much made back what I paid iirc.

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 06-May-13 06:54:49

Rented from a midwife for £10. Seemed like the cheapest, easiest option!

NoTeaForMe Mon 06-May-13 09:04:01

I bought an Elle Tens machine-I used it with my first and have lent it to two friends (everyone buying new pads obviously!) and it's now ready for my second! Definitely more cost effective to buy one. It cost the same as renting from memory and none of the faff to work out when to rent from and until and having to return it! Once I'm done with it I'll sell it on again on eBay and by the looks of them I expect to make roughly all my money back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now