Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 13 weeks

(3 Posts)
nikkihunt Sun 05-May-13 13:03:09

Hi there,

Just looking for some reassurance I suppose - had the scan on Wednesday where I was told I was 13+2 and everything looked fine, no worries at all.

Friday night in bed, I suddenly realised I was bleeding. It was bright red, but stopped very quickly - I lost maybe 2tbsp? We went to a&e where I was examined, and told that my cervix was closed and to keep an eye on it. Since then, it's just been brown blood, and not much of it at all.

Scan on Tuesday morning at the EPU, and although the doctor was lovely and reassuring, and I'm trying to keep calm, I'm slightly terrified. Has this happened to anyone else, and was it all okay?

nx

LouiseD29 Sun 05-May-13 13:11:47

Hi Nikki, you were definitely right to get it checked out and do keep an eye on things. I had light bleeding on and off from about 5-15 weeks (sometimes red, sometimes brown) and am now 25 + 1. Midwife never offered any explanation, but I have a low lying placenta and a fibroid so possibly connected to that. Baby seems to be doing just fine though touches wood

Good luck and I hope it settles down quickly.

Dittle Sun 05-May-13 14:39:48

Hope everything goes well for you! I had some bleeding at sixish weeks, had a scan and saw the heartbeat and the mw said everything seems fine and I'm currently ten weeks preg. I understand how worried you must be but just keep an eye on it and hope for the best smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now