Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Headaches :(

(15 Posts)
LandsN Sun 05-May-13 11:47:43

I am 15 weeks and suffering with headaches! I seem to wake up with them and it takes ages to get rid of it no matter what I do, I have never suffered with this before is it normal?

Kittenkatzen Sun 05-May-13 12:03:07

Hi landsn

It's definitely normal and just down to hormones unfortunately. I went through the same thing between around 15-18 weeks, and it was miserable. I'm 21 weeks now and thankfully mostly headache free so hopefully the same will happen to you and they'll just go away of their own accord.

I found that drinking plenty of water and massaging a little Vicks vapours into my temples helped ease it a little.

Hope you feel better soon!

LandsN Sun 05-May-13 12:16:07

Thank you think it could be a migraine as I have just been sick feeling very sorry for myself today sad x

Kittenkatzen Sun 05-May-13 12:17:27

Oh no you poor thing, hope you've got someone to look after you sad

LandsN Sun 05-May-13 13:52:17

Well sort of my oh is working nights ATM so is asleep as he did not get home till 8 am but I do feel a lot better since being sick am just having some lunch to see if that help but definitely feel better than I did a few hours ago thank you x

Eastie77 Sun 05-May-13 14:21:42

I had debilitating headaches during my first trimester. The pain was concentrated either above my left eye or my right eye and usually took 2-3 days to recover from. I found sugar sparked the pain, I had a bit of an addiction to sweets like Haribo, Skittles etc as they helped with my nausea and whenever I ate them the headaches usually followed a day later. The problem vanished seemingly overnight at some point during my second trimester so hopefully end is in sight for you!

LandsN Sun 05-May-13 21:26:23

Ah thank you out of interest did it ever make you sick? I felt a lot better after I was sick but now it is back with a vengeance again behind both my eyes hope it's gone by the morning x

MumToOneMogwai Sun 05-May-13 21:28:56

Oh jesus I remember this, it was horrific, and I am blush to admit I did cave and take ibuprofen on a couple of occasions because it was the only thing that would jeffing work..however what eventually shifted it was a few sessions with the chiropractor - so maybe give that a go?

LandsN Sun 05-May-13 22:50:23

Ah brilliant I did debate that earlier with the pain killers it's only that I have a history of mc and am on aspirin that I decided against it! Glad I am not the only one I did start to panic silly ey xx

UniqueAndAmazing Sun 05-May-13 22:52:15

drink lots of water.

and if you are in the slightest bit worried, please speak.to your midwife. smile

GeordieCherry Sun 05-May-13 22:52:47

I tried lavender oil on my pillow & a hanky & I've occasionally taken paracetamol after the Dr & MW & nurse assured me it was ok. Seconding keeping hydrated. Hope you feel better soon

LandsN Tue 07-May-13 12:47:57

Thanks ladies I think I have connected the headaches with constipation going to phone gp as I am not sure if it would cause headaches that bad but have suffered with constipation in this pregnancy but i have never suffered with it before but touch wood today is the first head ache free day x

Fairydogmother Tue 07-May-13 13:17:00

some physios or chiros have a headache clinic which can be really good. i'm booked in this saturday as i've been having real crushing headaches.

LandsN Tue 07-May-13 16:08:13

thank you I will definitely ask my gp when he finally phones me back but still so far so good for my first head ache free day in what seems like a life time x

afrikat Tue 07-May-13 16:36:48

I have had headaches pretty much everyday since 7 weeks (I am now 20) and they aren't going away. I drink lots of water, walk every day etc but the only thing that gets me thru the day is a dose of paracetamol. My mw has said that paracetamol is absolutely fine, even when taken every day and I am taking the lowest possible dose so not too worried about it.

I see a chiropractor for my back and she keeps doing things that she promises will get rid of my headaches but it just doesn't work. I figure if it is down to hormones there isn't much a massage / manipulation can do.

Sorry you are suffering but if paracetamol helps, I would take them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now