Talk

Advanced search

Major placenta praevia - anyone make it full term without bleeding?

(3 Posts)
Celaun Sun 05-May-13 09:34:48

Hi,

I am 36weeks pregnant and have major placenta praevia. I have had no bleeding so far and have a c-section booked for 38weeks.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has had major placenta praevia and made it full term without a bleed? I am absolutely paranoid that I will get a bleed in the next couple of weeks and feel like i am constantly checking!

mikkii Sun 05-May-13 09:45:26

Well done for getting to 36 weeks. I had PP with DDs1&2 following DS. I was told (by a consultant at Queen Charlottes) that there are 2sorts of Pp, stable and unstable, both times I had the unstable kind, with DD1 I got to about 33.5 weeks before I passed a huge clot, I was hospitalised, bleeding on and off until she was born by planned CS at 37.5 weeks. DS2 was more troublesome, I was admitted at 24 weeks, 26 weeks, 31 weeks followed by three admissions at week 33 when I was kept in. DD2was born at 36+1 absolutely fine, 10 minutes in a warmer then with me. She was a poor feeder and I had to syringe feed her to start with.

If you have got to week 36 you clearly have stable PP. I knew 3people with this who had no problems at all. Also, at 36 weeks an early delivery is not likely to cause either of you problems.

Incidentally DD2 is now 2.6 and potty training. Good luck

Celaun Sun 05-May-13 12:26:20

Thanks for the reply mikkii. that must have been a nightmare having pp with both pregnancies. Its a good point that even if i do bleed now that at 36 weeks both me and baby should be fine - guess i hadn't really thought about it that way. Its good to know that even with all the problems you had that your DD2 is doing so well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now