Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan says my placenta is lying at the front of my bump???

(9 Posts)
Becky2406 Sat 04-May-13 15:53:51

Hi I'm pregnant with 4th baby at at my 20 week scan it reviled my placenta is lying at the front of my bump this is why I still haven't felt my baby move sad but on the bright side it did revile I'm having our 1st son we have 3 daughters so far :D so happy but gutted I carnt feel him sad has anyone else had this in their pregnancies and if so did u feel your baby was it possible to feel the baby's movements from the outside ?? If so were you very far along for this to happen ?? Thank you ladies xx look forward to your reply

VeremyJyle Sat 04-May-13 15:56:59

I had this, you feel fists down below your belly button (which I confused with kicks thinking the baby was breech,) also antenatal appts can be a nightmare as they struggle to find the heartbeat (they keep picking up the placenta instead)

Cookiepants Sat 04-May-13 16:00:11

Watching with interest I'm 22 weeks with my first, and haven't felt a damn thing!

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sat 04-May-13 16:00:47

I have an anterior placenta (am 29 weeks) and have always felt movement at the bottom but have had to have extra scans as they couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler earlier on, now they find it fine.

UnChartered Sat 04-May-13 16:03:16

Yup another one here, hardly felt DD at all.

Beckett3 Sat 04-May-13 16:03:23

Hi, I have this too, I'm currently 27w, it's also my 4th baby and I have been able to feel her kick fom the outside sice I was about 24w. Last week my other children were watching the top of my stomach 'jump'.

Blending Sat 04-May-13 16:22:57

Had this with my DD, and yes it made finding the heart beat harder in the earlier stages and I felt only some very limited movements, but later , say from the third trimester I felt lots of movement. This pregnancy I have twins, one anterior placenta and one posteria placenta so with a direct comparrison I can say you will feel a lot less!

At my appointment with a consultant at 22 weeks for DD she couldn't find the HB and dragged in the mobile scanner and I nearly went into meltdown, and there she was the little madam kicking away at the placenta like it was a punch bag! I couldnt feel a thing but you could see her kicking quite clearly!

Its nothing to worry about health wise, and its not something that causes concern.

StuckOnARollercoaster Sat 04-May-13 18:17:13

I started to feel movements at about 23/24 weeks with an anterior, but was fairly gentle. Now I'm 34 weeks they're definitely no longer as gentle so they do come but may take a bit longer to feel strong or become visible...

Bodicea Sat 04-May-13 18:59:55

To be fair about half of pregnancies are anterior placenta -at the front. So not a big deal. You will feel soon enough and be grateful for the bit of cushioning in the later months x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now