Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How does one

(22 Posts)
Littlemissexpecting Sat 04-May-13 10:11:27

Shave ones legs while 8 months pregnant? If it wasn't for aquanatal twice a week I wouldn't bother but I think I've reached my limit of being able to reach. Not sure DH will be willing to help.

PassTheCremeEggs Sat 04-May-13 10:12:28

Sitting down in the bath!

Yamyoid Sat 04-May-13 10:13:46

Think I did it without looking. Therefore, carefully and by touch!
What about going to get them waxed?

AuntieStella Sat 04-May-13 10:19:00

Yy to going for waxing. Or you have to get your DH/DP to overcome inhibitions and do it for you. Men have enough practice at shaving, or do you have a bearded one?

ditsydoll Sat 04-May-13 10:25:43

I'm due in 3 weeks and I'm still managing my legs although the tops are abit of a challenge. Tried to do my bikini last night and that was almost impossible lol.
I just do it and have a look in a mirror to see where iv missed! Think I will be going for a wax before birth too!,

weeblueberry Sat 04-May-13 10:45:43

We have a shower in our bath so standing with my leg on the side of the bath was quite easy if a little perilous

eltsihT Sat 04-May-13 10:56:09

I am 38 weeks and just did my legs with hair removal cream. I use it for my bikini line anyway so just slathered it over my legs waited 3 minutes and hoped for the best! It did a pretty good job as my legs feel silky, not that I can see them anyway

babyradio Sat 04-May-13 10:57:42

I cut my leg the other day and am on heparin so it bled for 2 days. 2 DAYS! Had shoved a plaster over it and forgot, changed the plaster and oh.. it's still bleeding.

Waxing really is the answer smile

tequilacream Sat 04-May-13 11:15:51

What about lady bits - are you waxing / shaving for labour?

cyclecamper Sat 04-May-13 11:18:07

Don't bother, nobody actually notices and if they do, it's none of their business! (Am sat in hospital with heavily forested legs grin)

Cookethenook Sat 04-May-13 11:25:01

I just have to hold my breath and do it really really quickly! Same goes for moisturising my legs and feet too smile
It's bloody ridiculous really, but having smooth legs makes me feel slightly more glamourous during my final weeks of pregnancy.
Or just sweetly remind your husband that you will be pushing a human being out of your vagina in a few short weeks and its the least he can do to help!

Newtobecomingamum Sat 04-May-13 13:17:33

I was wondering the same thing! I've managed to do my legs just about now and again without looking when I'm in the bath. Down below is a no go, it's so out of control lol I wouldn't know where to start! I never liked any hair there before I was pregnabt and use to shave or get waxed. When I became pregnant, I couldn't bring myself to do anything to it as it sort of felt like it was a protective cover (know it sounds silly). However, as im in my final few weeks I need to get it waxed but so embarrassed about how bad it is. Even if I give it a trim ha, it's still going to be a tough old job for the poor therapist ha! Oh well, my hubby thinks its hilarious and has offered to use his hair trimmer but that is step to far! 8 months of hair growth is not a pretty site ha. At least I can laugh about it, can't wait to be all nice and hair free again : )

Rico08 Sat 04-May-13 13:57:04

Ha ha, mines not a lady garden it's a full on forest, will need a chainsaw to get through it lol.

Think I will have to encourage dh to help before I go to hospital, otherwise it will be a clumpy mess where I can and cannot reach.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 04-May-13 14:02:33

I did my legs sitting in the bath, (never need to shave above my knees anyway), brand new razor and a bit of touch for the bits I can't see.

I have no idea how I'm going to trim my overgrown lady garden, I can't even see it.

Littlemissexpecting Sat 04-May-13 14:32:50

So glad its not just me!
I'm using veet on bikini line, can't see what I'm doing but at least I'm not going to cut myself. Tried veet on my legs but didn't go as smooth as shaving. There is waxing but I'm not very good with managing regrowth.
I have been doing it in the bath but still struggling. DH is the only other option me thinks!

Lydia161290 Sat 04-May-13 16:42:33

I am OD with shaving, (hate waxing and hair removal cream burns my skin)
But i'm finding it VERY hard to shave now with my bump. I have a shower/bath, so I'm popping my leg up on the side to shave me legs (but it's exhausting).

I am also refusing to go into the hospital without a shaved moo. If I can't do it myself, DP can do it! grin

StuckOnARollercoaster Sat 04-May-13 18:14:47

The only reason I can cope is that we have a hideous corner bath with a shelf. I have wanted to get rid of it for ages, but suddenly that shelf has become a very handy seat on which I can do my legs and I am reconsidering my view on keeping the hideous bath!
(And since we're all sharing - its DP's job to keep the other area trimmed as there's no way I can get to that part!)

BabsAndTheRu Sat 04-May-13 18:20:34

Yep shaved legs in the bath and DP very kindly dealt with bikini line and general area. He's a baldy and skilled with the clippers so no worries there. Very difficult to get waxed as a lot of beauticians won't wax pregnant women.

DontmindifIdo Sat 04-May-13 18:32:48

In the shower, but think next week I'll give up and get DH to do them. Bikini line will be booked for a wax at 36 weeks.

It was easier when I had DS - winter baby and didn't have to worry about legs on show.

Christelle2207 Sat 04-May-13 22:08:05

babs really? so my plan to get waxed just before my due date won't work??!

Librarina Sat 04-May-13 22:10:45

I'm 35 weeks and got waxed 2 or 3 weeks ago, I got the beautician to wax the backs when I was kneeling on all fours on the couch, not exactly elegant but effective, I'm hoping they'll last me till labour!

BabsAndTheRu Sun 05-May-13 17:12:27

Christelle
Phone some now to check who will and won't do it. For first DC finally found one and booked appointment but DS1 came five weeks early, appointment week after. So welcomed into the world by hairy mother, couldn't care less at the time though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now