Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant, sad, hormonal and mean- how can I stop being a bitch?

(14 Posts)
everythinghippie29 Fri 03-May-13 19:12:42

I feel horrible and guilty for being fed up at being pregnant. I just feel exhausted today and have a terrible headache with dizziness. Also have a UTI and horrible Thrush due to the antibiotics.

Feel bad for taking it out on OH who is getting fed up of my grumpy wallowing. He's going out tomorrow for a friends birthday and I feel bad that I'm annoyed coz I don't want to go to the pub looking and feeling like a misery guts and not being able to have a drink. I get quite anxious around these friends already and although I rarely drink anyway its usually the only way I can relax in this siuation. The fact that no one knows I'm pregnant at this stage makes it even more awkward. I've said I'm not going and asked him not to get drunk but he got a bit shitty and said he would get drunk but not overdo it, which upset me more. The last time he did this I ended up wiping his mouth as he repeatedly threw up in the loo and was generally an unpleasant drunk.

To be fair to him he doesnt go out often at all and has been looking after me the past few weeks and working really but can't seem to keep in check my grumpy sulking and I hate myself right now. I'm fed up of being lonely, ( my friends and family are not local at all) sad, sick and angry and just know by tomorrow night il be feeling even worse.

So really ladies, how do I keep my hormones in check and stop being such a bitch. I want to chill out but keep periodically flaring up with annoyance. its stupid and not fair but I just don't know what to do with my time without OH while he's having fun and I'm stuck feeling crappy. sad

everythinghippie29 Fri 03-May-13 19:13:15

Wow. long...sorry. Still blaming hormones!

AbiElizabeth Fri 03-May-13 19:31:47

oh honey, welcome to the hormones club! I am going through this too and even though my OH is lovely and just ignores me and says 'oh here comes the crazy hormone lady' whenever I get like that. My Dad isn't being very supportive and I only really have my OH here where I live too so I get the lonelyness too. It's so hard to deal with everything when you feel sick and your hormones are whizzing round like headless chickens. I don't think there is an answer on how to keep them in check, just try to explain how your feeling to your OH so he can see that you're not being horrible.

Hope things get better xx

NewlywedUpTheDuff Fri 03-May-13 19:41:32

Don't worry it's normal. I find myself getting angry at my DH for the most tiny things! And I also feel annoyed when he goes out with his friends and I don't go (even though I'm invited) and feel he should stay home with me! Completely irrational and selfish I know! But basically, your not alone smile

BabyHMummy Fri 03-May-13 20:05:29

Yup totally normal and does balance out eventually.

Let him have his night out and use the time to indulge yourself. Have a nice hot bubble bath, give yourself facial and a manicure and generally chill out with some quality "me" time watching all the chick flicks he refuses to watch with you.

Don't look on it as missing out look on it as a chance for some p&q!

everythinghippie29 Sat 04-May-13 05:38:14

Thanks for the pep talk! I feel slightly less the crazy unreasonable lady now. I've told him to go enjoy himself but to not be surprised if I'm grumpy. Also told him I'm not mad at him just frustrated at my situation and he understands.

Going to try and relax a bit and enjoy a quiet early night. Thanks for the lovely comments. xxx grin

wispa31 Sat 04-May-13 09:24:59

ditto babyh - take advantage of a nice quiet evening in stuffing your face with cake and chocolate soaking in the bath and watching girly films. far better than being stuck in the pub surrounded by people getting drunk while you stay sober.

Steffanoid Sat 04-May-13 09:40:32

enjoy being able to.get in and out of the bath unaided I've now been banned from having a bath or shower in the house alone! just tell your dp like I did that you're in a grump so be forewarned, it's not your fault I just feel like shit, my dp seems to acknowledge this and leave me to it

mrspaddy Sat 04-May-13 09:51:47

Big hugs.. ah I would stay in and enjoy myself with a DVD and non-alco wine and relax. It is defo an emotional rollercoaster this pregnancy malarkey. I went to an event I didn't want to pregnant and cried the next day.. the whole day. Weird. Didn't even know why. Don't feel guilty. flowers

everythinghippie29 Sat 04-May-13 12:02:39

Thanks again, guilt has passed and I'm going to enjoy some trashy Saturday night Tele.

Oh how I would kill for a bath! We've just bought our house and currently only have a shower. Bathroom renovation budget will now be nursery budget...Noooooooooooo, (but also yay)!! I'm up for cake, chocolate and if I'm not feeling sick, possibly Indian take away for one as well! I've also told him if he comes home puking, no sympathy for him this time! Flowers will be expected! thanks

wispa31 Sat 04-May-13 12:48:16

yes let him wipe his own pukey face! smile

BabyHMummy Sat 04-May-13 13:18:28

Good for you Huni!!!

everythinghippie29 Sat 04-May-13 22:12:33

Oh dear, my fun evening ruined by me eating cupcakes then regurgitating said cupcakes- lots.

I wouldn't want to be him when he gets home. Oops. sad

adila12 Mon 06-May-13 11:27:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now