Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did you notice any signs before you went into labour?

(14 Posts)
Reenypip Fri 03-May-13 16:53:47

Did you notice any signs before you went into labour?
Such as eating loads, going to the toilet more than usual, increased pains/tightenings, moodier, sweating/feeling hot?
And if did how long before contractions became regular?

Thurlow Fri 03-May-13 16:59:55

Loads. A week of period-like cramping, back ache and increasing Braxton Hicks before I finally started proper contractions.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear!

Rockchick1984 Fri 03-May-13 17:40:44

Upset tummy about 12 hours before my waters broke - had back to back labour and my contractions felt identical to the way I'd felt with the dodgy tum so didn't think it was labour at first smile

louby86 Fri 03-May-13 17:46:33

I was sick the day I went in to labour, just like morning sickness type sick, contractions started about an hour after that!

McPrice Fri 03-May-13 17:58:53

i had a sharp pain around the top of my bump the day before i went in to labour. i was at the checkout in waitrose being served by an old guy. my mum started panicing but the pain lingerd so i knew it wasnt the real thing. that day my plug came away (sorry gross and graphic). i knew it wouldnt be long. i would say be careful what you watch in the early stages of labour i watched the holy grail and during the labour in hospital i had "camelot" in my head wink

zombiebanana Fri 03-May-13 20:41:13

For 3 days before I went into labour I baked like hell. I make cake, soda bread, breads... I envisaged spending the first months of my baby's life making fresh bread daily for the family (ha!). It was all most out of character. Friday morning I woke up at 5am having very regular and strong Braxtons; Saturday morning same thing. Was in active labour by 10pm on Saturday.

Fakebook Fri 03-May-13 21:18:18

I didn't notice any signs at the time, but looking back, it's very clear to me my body was preparing for labour. A week before labour I had bad back pain for a whole day. Two days before labour I kept crying and became emotional for no reason. I was scrubbing the floors and cleaning everything. The main sign I missed was the pmt type emotional stress I experienced. I get it before a period normally, so should have realised labour was about to commence!

I was induced with dc1 so only have one type of experience to share

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 04-May-13 08:36:05

I just felt like baby was unbelievably low that day. I could barely walk in the afternoon. Then my waters broke and I went into labour a few hours later.

CherryPie3 Sat 04-May-13 14:25:25

I lost my plug over about 10 days and kept needing the loo for a number 2. I remember feeling sick but not being sick. I was only 36wks and posted about it on the childbirth board at 8pm and left it to check replies in the morning. My waters broke at 11pm the same night before I'd even read any replies!

smile

CherryPie3 Sat 04-May-13 14:26:06

Going for a number 2 repeatedly has been the key sign in the week before my 3 labours.

ninjasquirrel Sat 04-May-13 14:31:14

None at all - waters broke in the middle of the night two weeks early.

Littleover Sat 04-May-13 14:33:10

Yes, Hump Back Bridge.

Becky2406 Sat 04-May-13 15:57:16

I was just feeling off the day b4 my labours started just ill diarrhoea sickness just feeling rubbish and unsettled with all my 3 kids my labour started the next day smile I was over due with all mine by the way dd 10days over dd2 14days over dd3 11days over now 20 weeks pregnant with my 1st ds grin so excited

MummyJetsetter Sat 04-May-13 16:58:37

I went out for a meal and felt sick after it so went straight to bed when I got home and I woke up to my water breaking at 4 the next morning. My friend had diarrhoea the day before with both of hers. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now