Talk

Advanced search

At that crappy 7 week stage, can't tell anyone yet...etc Anyone else?

(9 Posts)
mumoftwoboysS Fri 03-May-13 14:05:15

I hate this stage. feeling sick, snoring in bed already (nose is so blocked up!) and got an allergic reaction from the Veet hair remover I ALWAYS use (guessing it's due to pregnancy) so also have a hot itchy rash on my legs :-(

Also have no idea if baby is ok/growing healthily. Anyone else frustrated? Booked my mw appointment for 3 weeks time- seems like ages away and then another 2 week wait for a scan....

Really want to tell someone but OH says if I can tell a friend then he can- he doesn't get that its different for us! It's not about telling someone, its about getting the support as I'm the one pregnant! Having a friend I can talk to about it all..

but....of course I feel blessed and excited about it all too....

Rockchick1984 Fri 03-May-13 14:25:53

Congratulations! Have a look in antenatal groups topic for a thread for your due month, they are (almost) as good as chatting to someone in real life about it smile

eccentrica Fri 03-May-13 14:26:04

Hiya

I'm 5 weeks and got some early symptoms - sore boobs, on and off nausea. There is no law that says you can't tell anyone, you know! I've told close family and friends. Why not? If something bad does happen, at least they'll know and will give you support. Four of my friends have had early (pre 12 weeks) miscarriages in the past couple of years, and if I hadn't known they were pregnant already, I wouldn't have been able to support them - I know they'd do the same for me.

AbiElizabeth Fri 03-May-13 16:22:42

Hey there mumoftwoboys
I'm 7 weeks today and know exactly how you feel. It's a right pain not knowing if everything is okay and feeling so tired and sick all the time. I'm permanently worried at any ache or pain and just wish the throwing up would stop.

lexib Fri 03-May-13 18:24:59

If it helps, the 7 to 12 week wait (with a couple of distractions) really does go in the blinking of an eye. I used all sorts of apps too - day by day advice helped make it feel more real and stable. That and brushing up on nutrition to make sure I was doing right

mumoftwoboysS Fri 03-May-13 20:15:54

Thanks Rockchick- forgot there are those antenatal threads- will have a look!
Eccentrica- yeah I know I could tell someone, the thing is the friend I would tell- her OH is good friends with my OH and I know it'd come around and then my OH would be annoyed at me telling! But then he wants to tell his family so maybe we just should...

For some reason I thought I'd be more laid back this time round but I'm just as worried that things may not go right -not until I've got proof that all is ok with the scan.

Abi- sorry you're feeling so sick- I haven't actually been sick yet but there's still time ;-) now I'm thinking as I don't feel that sick maybe it's a boy but maybe that's an old wives tale! grin

Lexib- might have a look at some apps- kills a bit of time like you say!

Hubb Sun 05-May-13 17:39:51

Hi All

I'm 7 weeks and feeling really shite. It was so exciting at first but then exhaustion hit and the shine had well and truly wore off! Will it come back !?

I don't even have a strenuous job or work long hours but have really been struggling, how do people manage who have demanding jobs? The thought scares me! And it is annoying not being able to tell people, they must just think I'm lazy...

I was sick for the first time last night after brushing my teeth and it really took me by surprise, when I've been sick before pregnancy it felt like I had to work to get it out (lol sorry for tmi) but this time it was like turning on a tap! eww again sorry for tmi. Anyone else had this?!

ipswichwitch Sun 05-May-13 17:44:29

I'm 7 weeks too and having full on exhaustion and sickness. Had to tell work already because my job has to change (work with controlled substances). I'm actually quite scared - already had a previous stillbirth and a mmc last year so feeling anxious and impatient or the 12 week scan. Still, I reckon that if I'm still vomiting and feeling crap then things must be ok!

ipswichwitch Sun 05-May-13 17:46:45

Yes hubb I'm being sick every time I brush my teeth too. I had a crap gag reflex before I fell pregnant tho

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now