Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Post birth shape wear

(12 Posts)
ButteryJam Fri 03-May-13 12:46:53

Hi,

Does anyone plan to wear any shape wear (like control pants) post birth? Did you wear it in your previous pregnancies? Did it help? How soon did you put them on post-birth? Any recommendations on brand/type?

thanks

ButteryJam Fri 03-May-13 13:07:18

I'm thinking of like a belly wrap like the belly bandit or something else ...

Snowflakepie Fri 03-May-13 13:07:56

I tried, but certainly for the first few weeks I needed undies that could be whipped off in an instant owing to the completely disturbed bowel/bladder sensations meaning that urgent bathroom dashes were necessary! No one tells you that bit...

I then tried again after my 6 week check as I had an event that I was hoping I could fit into a nice dress for. Just ended up looking like a stuffed sausage, not nice. After that I ceased caring. I don't think there's any need, unless you find them comfy. Larger pants are meant to be better if you have a section scar so they cover it completely and dont rub while its healing I think. I just stuck to my trusty M&S bikinis in the end.

Not sure that's much help, sorry.

catlady1 Fri 03-May-13 13:32:09

I bought a belly bandit but after giving birth I had a bit of a bladder prolapse and wearing anything tight felt like it was pushing on it and made it painful to walk, or do pretty much anything. It's getting better now but its almost seven weeks on so I dont know how much it would help to wear it now. I can't imagine anything will improve my massive floppy stomach now!

ButteryJam Fri 03-May-13 19:42:48

Snowflakepie, yes I agree the undies must be very uncomfy. That's why I am thinking of going with the belly wrap.

catlady1, thanks, and sorry to hear you couldn't use yours. Where did you buy the belly bandit from? They are priced over £50 ... shock

catlady1 Sat 04-May-13 14:18:00

I got it off ebay, it cost me about £17, I was very lucky since they usually go for more than that even second hand. It was the first time I've been glad to be fat actually, slimmer people often have to buy two or three sizes so they can go down them as their stomach shrinks. The lady I bought it from said she'd only worn it for a week.

My friend bought a much cheaper version, also from ebay but brand new, and the only difference was that it was slightly narrower and the material felt a bit cheaper. It would have done exactly the same job. So if you're thinking about trying it, I wouldn't bother forking out for a real one! She says it "might have helped a bit," but she's skinny as anything anyway so pretty much pinged back into shape as soon as she'd given birth envy

ButteryJam Sat 04-May-13 17:04:24

catlady1, thanks! Do you have the link to the one your friend got from ebay?

ChocolateCremeEggBag Sun 05-May-13 00:15:55

Bear in mind that you'll need to wear big brick like maternity pads for 2-3weeks post birth as you'll have a lot of Lochia (like a very wet period)
So would think the girdle/band might work, but control pants would be a PITA

ButteryJam Sun 05-May-13 13:31:33

ChocolateCremeEggBag, that's very true, thank you!

poppycat04 Sun 05-May-13 13:34:27

I got some great post pregnacy leggings from seraphina online. £25, come right up to bra line so good for modesty breast feeding too. My best post pregnancy buy!

poppycat04 Sun 05-May-13 13:37:41

Seraphine, sorry, rather tired!

GingerDoodle Sun 05-May-13 22:08:29

I had high waisted sloggi pants which were very supportive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now