Talk

Advanced search

Baby's movements have slowed down

(10 Posts)
Pennylouise Fri 03-May-13 11:47:22

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I am 25+1 and until 3 days ago my baby's movements were strong and I was feeling them every 90 mins or so. Over the last few days it can be several hours befroe I feel her move, and when I do the movements dont feel as strong. I have read that this could be because the baby has moved, but I have been trying to contact my midwife all morning to check and have had no luck getting hold of her.

I am just looking for some peace of mind really

CherryPie3 Fri 03-May-13 12:11:51

If you can't get hold if your own midwife, ring the number on your notes for your day unit - they would never want to you to feel like a time waster and is is so reassuring to hear your baby and see that they're fine.

Go ring them. Now!

I'm site everything is just fine, just talking to a me at the day unit might reassure you. smile

CherryPie3 Fri 03-May-13 12:13:04

What a lot of typos!!

Sorry...hope you get the general gist of it smile

Flisspaps Fri 03-May-13 12:13:33

Call any number you can. Get checked. Probably nothing to worry about, but far better to be certain.

Pennylouise Fri 03-May-13 12:34:23

Thank you, I have just called an oncall mobile number that I found. MW advised me to have a caffinated drink and monitor her movements until 7pm, then call back if they havent increased and I can be booked in to listen to baby tonight. MW said probably nothing to worry about at all though.

TrixieLox Fri 03-May-13 14:23:34

I was told not to worry about things like this until 28 weeks as still so much room for baby to hide away in. So I didn't start monitoring baby movements until 28 weeks but did ensure I could feel her move at least once a day before that point. So try not to worry, though better to be safe than sorry, so fair enough getting it checked out.

BabyHMummy Fri 03-May-13 15:03:38

I am having same thing and has scared the bejesus outta me which considering ny previous posts i was surprised by.

Have realised that she is still wriggling but has obv turned cos feeling smaller movements deeper inside iykwim. I wouldn't worry too much. If the movements are deeper thy May just not be strong enough yo notice. But monitor and call again if still worried

Pennylouise Fri 03-May-13 15:50:21

That's what it feels like. The movements are like the butterfly feeling you get when you first start feeling baby move (however many weeks ago that was). They feel really low down in my stomach and not near the surface. Still only felt it twice though, MW said I should be feeling 10 movements a day!!

I am determind not to panic, it wont do me or my little girl any good!!!

I hope all continues to be well with you :-)

Autumn12 Fri 03-May-13 15:56:03

I'm 26 + 3 and my movements seem to be less strong as well. However, said that my stomach is now moving slightly when he does kick, I just feel as though they are fainter.

BabyHMummy Fri 03-May-13 15:58:27

Sounds daft but lay on your tummy a little (not full weight obv) and then see if they feel stronger. I am about 3 days behind you so know how u feel.

Mine has been very low over the last few days i think my bladder must make a comfy mattress!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now