Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spd, is a pelvic support belt helpfully or not?

(2 Posts)
Helenc19 Fri 03-May-13 10:10:08

I have had a bit of spd since about 16 weeks but only really in SI joints to start with. I am now 35 weeks and for the last 4 weeks have been getting pain in my pubic area and groin more and it gets quite bad with doing more walking. I have 1 more week at work so hope it will ease once I start maternity leave but will still want to keep active.
I went to physio for the SI joint pain when it first started and have been doing the exercises which make a big difference, I also have seen a great osteopath which has been helpfully but wondered if asking for a pelvic support belt is worth the trouble.

If you have had one did it help?
Would it be uncomfortable and hot to wear for walks in the warmer weather?

pinkteapot Fri 03-May-13 11:50:30

hi I think i've a mix of pgp and spd as like you my SI joints gave in first, but groin seems to be following! A poster on here on another thread suggested a serola support belt and I knew my sister had one, so I ordered it, came this morning and have to say its super. makes a difference straight away. not a cure! but helps. comfortable, u dont have to loosen it to sit or drive, and you wear it over clothes (at least over some clothes and under others) so not hot or itchy. think about £35 online. have osteo appointment for tomor morn, interestin to see what magic they work for only £20!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now