Talk

Advanced search

Embarrassing preggie question

(9 Posts)
lazyeye Wed 28-Jan-04 15:47:00

Apologies for this, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has had this before I get up courage to ask m/w.

For a few wks now (am around 18.4 wks) I have an ache or a pressure up inside me - it almost feels like when you haven't had sex for a while and then do - a sort of tenderness. I'm worried that it is the weight of the baby (this is my 3rd) and maybe I will suffer from that incomplete cervix thing (tho I didn't with my others that went f/term)

Has anyone else found this? I do find it worse when I get up in the morn or up after a while sitting down. Any ideas and sorry again.......................

dot1 Wed 28-Jan-04 15:51:14

sorry Lazyeye - can't help - hope someone else can. The only thing I've got to compare is what I think is (mild) SPD - an ache right on my pubic bone which is particularly bad when I walk, but that doesn't sound quite the same. Sorry...

dot1 Wed 28-Jan-04 15:52:11

ooh - although it might be SPD 'cos mine's also worse after I've been sat for a while - my ache only kicked in a few weeks ago (I'm 32 weeks now) but it can happen from much earlier in pregnancy -see what other more experienced MNers say though!

SpringChicken Wed 28-Jan-04 15:58:38

Lazyeye - may not be the same but i mentioned this on the July thread a few days ago.

I have started getting some achey feelings recently which feel like they go right up inside of me - they pass after a minute or so but just catch me unaware.

Haven't asked my midwife about it but Quacks suggested was probably just due to everything stretching and getting ready "down there" ! This is only my first prengnacy so could be something completely different to what you have - apologies if i've got the wrong end of the stick.

Quackers Wed 28-Jan-04 16:06:23

Lazyeye, do you mean as if (pls excuse me if you have delicate ears)!!! you've been bashed a bit 'down there' as if after sex??? If so, I couldn't say what you are feeling, so I'm probably no use at all but I just know I feel all sorts of weird things down there going on. You could ahve the m/x maybe have a look at your cervix if your were worried though??

Quackers Wed 28-Jan-04 16:07:17

Sorry of course I meant m/w - midwife!

happy1 Wed 28-Jan-04 16:12:51

Forgive me for being so personal, but are you a bit swollen 'down there'?! I thought it could be the weight of the baby and the position of the baby because for me its not all the time.

BekkiKay Wed 28-Jan-04 16:16:25

I think this is common in subsequent pregnancies. Its just the weight of the baby. But if you are worried then I'd go to your mw/gp.

moosh Wed 28-Jan-04 19:51:58

I think it is the weight of the babe. This is my second and I know that my abdominal muscles are weaker this time round and the pressure of the baby on the muscles can cause that pain. I am now on maternity leave (35 half weeks) but it used to happen to me when I over worked. My friend has just given birth to her third baby and she suffered quite painful abdominal tension. But if unsure see the doctor.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: