Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Red blood cells found in urine - freaking out

(10 Posts)
Lucky13ForBaby Thu 02-May-13 17:57:27

Am freaking out. Am 10 1/2 weeks pregnant after several miscarriages. Today I got a letter from Dr today and a urine sample pot. When I phoned them to ask what is going on I was told I had red blood cells found in my urine sample I gave to the midwife last week. I am so scarred I will miscarry again. I have taken my new sample in and now just waiting, and freaking out! Anyone else experienced this? What is it?

mouseymummy Thu 02-May-13 18:00:24

It's probably a uti, I get these a lot while pg. I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

Lucky13ForBaby Thu 02-May-13 18:01:41

I really hope so sad Dr Google hasn't been helping much!

CheeseStrawWars Thu 02-May-13 18:01:50

Probably cystitis. Fingers crossed for you.

Lucky13ForBaby Thu 02-May-13 20:24:06

Shameless bump! Anyone else? Thank you Cheese and Mousey

CuteLittleToes Thu 02-May-13 20:47:42

I'm not an expert, but it's blood in your urine, not in vaginal discharge, so I think it is just urinary-related rather than baby-related... Fx all goes well and it's nothing serious!

mouseymummy Thu 02-May-13 20:49:17

Step away from Dr Google!!!! You put a simple symptom in, and you are going to die in 3 mins! It's not good! grin

I'm sure its just a uti, do you have any pain while peeing or random lower back pain? These can also be signs.

Mintyy Thu 02-May-13 20:51:42

I constantly have a trace of blood in my urine. I have had every test under the sun (including kidney x rays and internal exams of my bladder) and nothing can be found. I had two normal pregnancies and two normal babies. Please try not to worry.

Lucky13ForBaby Thu 02-May-13 20:51:52

I have had some lower back pain for a few weeks which I did mention to Dr a few weeks back. Am also on Progestorone Suppliments due to previous miscarriages. Dr Google is def not good but just feel so worried!

beckie90 Thu 02-May-13 21:12:18

I've had this quite a few times sometimes it was just a trace other times like when I was 8wks preg with ds2 it was alot. But nothing could be found and no reason for it, it did go by time my urine got checked at 16wk mw check though xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now