Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

panicking again - eggs this time!!

(5 Posts)
bodenbetty Thu 18-May-06 14:39:49

hello
I've posted before whenI was scared of catching something from a farm visit - I got over that paranoia thanks to everyone on here but now have a new one.
Went to visit a friend to day who keeps chickens - ate loads of her yummy home made (cooked)cakes - & then thought - eggs - these are as freerange as you can get - will I be ok? Have been feeling sick ever since but that could be becasue I ate so uch.I'm 32 weeks with my last chance pg so this is very preciuos to me & thats why I keep panicking. ANy virtual slaps/reality checks much appreciated

Pinchypants Thu 18-May-06 14:49:34

Betty, you can stop fretting honey. Cooked eggs, in anything, will do you and your baba no harm at all - even if by some remote chance they were infected with salmonella, the cooking will have killed that. I'd put your sickness down to worrying too much, and eating too much cake...

Pinchy xx

pinkmagic1 Thu 18-May-06 14:58:24

Don't worry you will be fine. First time round I was a real worrier but this time I am alot more relaxed and eat exactly what I fancy including liver on one occasion and brie cheese (shock horror!).
These hens are likely to be far healthier than your average battery hen and anyway the eggs where cooked in a cake.

PinkKerPlink Thu 18-May-06 14:59:26

you most prob feel sick cos you are worrying, calm down love. Its fine:0

Louba Thu 18-May-06 17:21:15

Please don't worry Boden Betty - those eggs sound fabulous, fresh and disease free - agree with pink magic - you are far less likely to get any kind of infection from a free range fresh egg that you would from a hideous battery egg (poor chooks). Plus as the other mumsnetters have said -cooked eggs are fine. Enjoy those cakes I say!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: