Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please tell me baby will come soon

(10 Posts)
bakerbump Thu 02-May-13 08:22:29

Hi, I'm 40+3 today with DC1 and had my first sweep 4 days ago. Think I lost all of my mucus plug within 24hrs (there was a lot) and have had period pains since.

Midwife said it was a good sweep as I was 1-2cm dilated and cervix was thinned to 1cm but still slightly posterior. Only 2/5 engaged (3/5 palpable) but said that as I'm quite narrow baby might not drop further until I go into labour. Confirmed baby was in a very good position (LOA) and that hopefully I wouldn't need my 41wk appt.

The day after my sweep I woke up with baby on my right side and is now back to back. Obviously 48hrs has passed now so guessing sweep didn't work, although still getting period pains.

I know I'm only 3 days over and baby will come when it's ready, but am desperate for a water birth so want to avoid induction at all costs.

Have been having lots of sex, long walks and lots of ball bouncing. Spicy food doesn't affect me. Using spinning babies website to try and turn baby. Any more suggestions please?

eltsihT Thu 02-May-13 09:19:22

The baby will come soon! They can't stay in there forever. I have been trying not to count but have 12 days till due date but 22 till I am not pregnant anymore.

I tried everything last time and went to 40+14, pineapple is meant to help, as is raspberry leaf tea. Was also hearing somewhere about evening primrose pesseries but not sure if there is any truth to it.

Good luck, sending positives labour vibes!

bakerbump Fri 03-May-13 10:16:12

Thanks for the encouragement! Think I might have spoken too soon... been awake since 4am with period pains and back ache. Not too painful at the moment but they're coming every 4-5mins and lasting 30-40secs... Fingers crossed this is it!

FattyMcChubster Fri 03-May-13 10:23:59

Ooh good luck! Hopefully this is it an you'll get to cuddle a teeny tiny baby today! envy very jealous grin
If you manage an update id love to hear the details nosy

ShowOfHands Fri 03-May-13 10:26:16

I really hope this is it for you baker! Post if you're able. After your baby is here if not. Best of luck to you. How exciting.

eltsih, none of those old wives tales work. You'd have to eat 8 pineapples (including leaves and skin) in one sitting to even begin to mimic the enzyme found naturally in the labour process. You physically couldn't do it. And raspberry leaf tea isn't associated with labour starting at all. It's a uterine tonic, taken in order to make your 2nd stage more efficient.

Walking, sex, spicy foods etc etc. NONE of it works. Babies come when they're ready and you wouldn't want it any other way.

bakerbump Sun 05-May-13 10:03:50

Thank you! Am just having cuddle time with my new little girl! Born yesterday afternoon!

Yonididnaedaethat Sun 05-May-13 10:24:52

congratulations grin

FattyMcChubster Sun 05-May-13 10:31:44

Yay! Welcome baby baker! thanks

laurajane89 Sun 05-May-13 15:32:38

Congratulations

ButteryJam Sun 05-May-13 17:08:08

Congratulations! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now