Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It won't sink in!!

(11 Posts)
Dolallytats Wed 01-May-13 20:43:20

I am 28+2 weeks with DC3 and it won't sink in that we are having another baby. I know it sounds really silly, but I just don't see us as a family of 5. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to be pregnant. I had DC1 at 19 and then it took us 15 years to conceive DC2. I didn't think we would have 2 let alone be lucky enough to have 3!! BUT, it does worry me that I don't feel that it is real. Does anyone else feel this way?

ginmakesitallok Wed 01-May-13 20:46:47

didn't feel real with my dc until they were about 3 months old. Wait till they give you this beautiful baby in the hospital and actually let you take it home! Madness...

sianilovesbeingamummy Wed 01-May-13 23:22:50

I am pregnant with my second and having ELCS on Tuesday (7th May), even though it is only 5days away it still doesn't seem real.... we have been having alot of growth scans this time round though as littlen is on the small side and i don't feel ridiculously pregnant..... i think having such a busy time day in day out with my 18month old has sort of put aside the fact that another is soon to be arriving..... i am over the moon and really excited for her arrival but it doesn't seem in the least bit real.... maybe next tuesday morning on the way to theatre things will hit home....xx

Dolallytats Thu 02-May-13 07:04:30

Thank you gin and sian. I feel a bit better knowing it's not just me!! I was getting a bit worried because, even though I have the pram, cot, clothes etc, I can't picture us in the future with a baby.

Good luck on the 7th Sian, I'm sure, like you, it will sink in on the day!!

BabyHMummy Thu 02-May-13 15:53:10

Dolally am in similar boat although this is dd1 for me. I am 24+4 & none of it seems real at all. i have made myself ill worrying about how i don't feel.

I have been Gp, mw x2 & hv all who assure me its quite natural...doesn't feel it though does it!!

hugs

Dolallytats Thu 02-May-13 15:59:49

Thanks BabyH, it can feel a bit unnerving to feel almost detached from the whole thing, can't it?

I'm glad you have been told it is normal-that makes me feel better too!! I keep looking at the clothes I have bought her, but just can't imagine a baby filling them!!

BabyHMummy Thu 02-May-13 16:04:55

Oh yes. I feel like it is happening to someone else and i am being dragged along for the ride. It worries me in terms of pnd later and they have put a monitoring alert on my file as a result but everyone keeps telling me its normal.

My Gp says along as i only feel indifferent to it she is ok with it. She would be more worried if i felt resentful at being pg

beckie90 Thu 02-May-13 16:19:04

Me too, I'm nearly 26wk with ds3 and still doesn't feel real even though I feel like rubbish lol. Think its pretty common tbh so your not alone :D xx

Dolallytats Thu 02-May-13 18:56:00

You have all made me feel better!! I'm sure it will sink in when we start labour!! Thank you x

StuckOnARollercoaster Thu 02-May-13 20:44:05

I go through phases of this - am currently 34 weeks and even though I have an obvious bump thats getting in the way, little one likes to kick and prod and there is all manner of stuff sat on the cot in the corner of our bedroom I still sometimes feel like this isn't real!

Liveinthepresent Thu 02-May-13 20:57:45

Yes me too! I nearly posted about this a while ago because this will be my last pregnancy most likely - and I felt as if it was just whizzing by without me being at all focused on it - and I just couldn't get my head round another baby ( and when I did imagine it I couldn't see past the possible negative impact on my PFB).
Am 33 weeks now and am finally getting there - I still can't imagine it quite - but now I am gearing up for mat leave at work and starting to make preparations - getting newborn things out of the loft etc it is starting to click and am getting excited ( and terrified about coping with two!)
Glad it wasn't just me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now